iso's and freeloader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ZenZero, Mar 23, 2008.

Mar 23, 2008

iso's and freeloader by ZenZero at 8:43 PM (697 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. ZenZero
    OP

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    hi, i shall be getting wii at the end of april and had a few questions i would like to ask about iso's and the new freeloader

1. is there any way for my iso to work on an un-chipped console (ie; a patch that would let me do so)

2. I hear that when i first recieve my freeloader and my copy of brawl (which i will order the same day) i have to enter the disc twice instead of once - if i was to forget to do so what would happen

3. why is it that i have to insert the disc twice?

2. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    1. No

2. Brawl contains an update, which must run before the game can be played. Also, if you're in the US, then you don't need to worry.

3. Inserting the disc twice activates some mechanism which trys to let games that require an update to run boot. However, I don't think this works with brawl.

3. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    You only have to do the double-swap twice ... once to run the update on the Brawl disc, and once to play Brawl for the first time ... after that, it's single swaps only.

No, you cannot play copied games on an un-modified Wii.

If you stupidly single swap, at a time when you should have double-swapped, you will simply have to start again, as the Wii will not read the disc corrently.