ISO Size must be 4699979776?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by timebandit, Aug 2, 2009.

Aug 2, 2009

ISO Size must be 4699979776? by timebandit at 6:52 PM (1,893 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. timebandit
    OP

Newcomer timebandit Member

Sweden
    Hi

I have tried search this forum and using google but really can't find a definite answer.

I have some games backup'ed on my harddrive. Today I decided to go throu them and check which ones I don't need anymore.
    I came to Rampage Total Destruction and noticed it's iso size is: 4700012544 instead of 4699979776 as I know they should be.

Is it a 100% bad copy or could this size be correct for this title?

//Kensy

2. chrPL

Newcomer chrPL Member

Poland
    Few days ago I decided to burn first Kororinpa (which didn't have 'good size') and... it failed at loading via Backup Launcher. I don't know for sure if your title will work, but probably it won't. However, I'm not sure about this, so don't blame me if it'll work for you [​IMG]. I had only one file with incorrect size which I mentioned before.

3. Am0s

Member Am0s Mojo Risin

United Kingdom
    all my ISO are 4.37 GB (4,699,979,776 bytes)I read somewhere but dont quote me if the game has not been ripped perfectly and the size is out then the game wont work anyway I hope that helps

4. afnuke

Member afnuke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yes they are suppose to be that exact size.........but just to let you know, ive had many many that have worked fine...until ghostbusters and rbcountry came out. Even though they are the exact size they might not work. Ive had a lot of games freezing while playing. This may be due to a lot of bad copies.....apathy rips used to be great....even the forums out there arent listing many new games. I think the end of rips may be coming

5. X D D X

Member X D D X GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    They have to be the exact size. Anything else won't work.

6. PSXDupe

Newcomer PSXDupe Member

United States
    4700012544 is not a bad size

When the Wii was first hacked to dump dvds, you had to dump the DVD them decrypt them.
    Now-a-days you can just dump to ISO.

This image was dump using the old method

7. Awesome turtwig

Member Awesome turtwig GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Mine too

8. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    It HAS to be 4.37GB (4699979776 bytes) or it won't work. Scrubbed games are still 4.37GB (even though scrubbing will shrink the game, it will stay the same size when extracted).