1. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well you can find roms anywhere many sites get closed down. That's why I always keep my handy 5TB hdd filled with my "backups"

2. xaxa

xaxa Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Guess we can't get more official than this.

When I saw this landing page, I'm not gonna lie, I got real sad.

Attached Files:

3. Yokushiro

Yokushiro Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    Not only you...it was a great collection of injects! I want to know too...

SuperSkyle and Hoppy like this.
  4. Boesy

Boesy GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I remember the GBA and N64 days.

But anyway, corporations don't care about preserving their content, rather if they can't profit then they'll take it down.

5. dragon_from_iso

dragon_from_iso GBAtemp Regular

It was a very tough decision to make.

Lostbhoy likes this.
  6. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    As anything goes on the net, one gets shut down a few dozen more will pop up, its a game of cat and mouse.

daniel95 and Lostbhoy like this.
  7. dman1987

dman1987 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thirded! Was in the process of collecting Gamecube injects when this all happened.

8. Lorath

Lorath Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Former PSVITAISO staff member (against his will, actually, but whatever) here. Nobody told us anything. Actually, i think i haven't talked with any of the higher-ups for years. That said, i'm not surprised that the network finally closed its doors. Should've happened many years ago anyway, so i could've at least avoided all the BS i went through thanks to certain people.

9. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I remember how that repack site would bitch and whine about iso stealing fixes. first of all, fixes aren't needed unless you're on low firmware. second, how long does it take to make a fix? a couple minutes?

10. Lorath

Lorath Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    What site are you talking about? Although i think i know it...
    I have a question for you: is it true that your ISO account was hacked years ago and you were eventually demoted?

11. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I only refer to it as the repack site. they would make fixes (no npdrm) for games, which requires the license anyway, so you could have a rap and be done with it. a rap is 16 bytes. or, make the encrypted files free, which in turn results in sometimes gigabyte downloads. all updates must be fixed too. it essentially put them in control of the ps3 scene due to epen.

12. Lorath

Lorath Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Whoops, sorry, i thought you were referring to a certain old site which was PSPISO's biggest rival in the PSP heydays. The day it closed was one of the best in my life.

13. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    it was a rival to ps3iso. I was an admin on the site, but I was banned for spouting off that the site was tricking people. I was then asked to come back later, then banned again within a week for no reason. so, I have a lot of hatred for the site. it prays on the gullible nature of people in the ps3 scene. if you don't read what's going on, you can easily be tricked especially with a system as easy to hack as the ps3.

14. Lorath

Lorath Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Sounds like PSVITAISO's business as usual during the last few years *chuckles*

Nah, never hacked my PS3. The site i was talking about was Devils-Shadow Forums anyway. They were in control of the PSN PSP scene for most part of 2010.

Last edited by Lorath, Feb 22, 2020
  15. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    luckily, the database has been leaked. I can't believe that they would try to control the scene by being in charge of content. couldn't update a game unless you gave them money.

16. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    You're required to type "I've read and agree to the rules" or something to that effect in order to register though, so there's really no excuse.
    Huh? They never asked me for money.

17. MikaDubbz

OP MikaDubbz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Let's not pretend that actually means people actually do that though. It's like clicking the check mark on iTunes every time there is an update saying you've read their novel of updates and terms of agreement. Everyone hits that button without actually reading it, and next thing you know, you're getting your mouth sewn to the anus of some Asian dude.

18. Citrusblur

Citrusblur Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    As soon as I saw that the site was taken down, I tried to track you down to see if you were part of any other domains lol. I've been a fan of your inject work for awhile now and was extremely bummed to see everything vanish. I'm not sure if you intend to continue any of that at some point or if you've decided to call it quits for good. Nonetheless, I'm glad that I was able to grab what injects I could from you. Your work was always quality.

xs4all likes this.
  19. Kurt91

Kurt91 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well, crap. I was checking the 3DS version of the site every so often, hoping somebody would have put up a link to a pre-patched version of the most recent "The Great Ace Attorney 2" demo translation. Everywhere I looked only seemed to have the older demo. To be fair, I haven't played on my 3DS recently, other than translations for stuff that wasn't released in English.

20. DonCaballero

DonCaballero Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Thank you for your work there, legendary stuff and I'm glad I downloaded as much as humanly possible.

xs4all likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - doesnt, coming,