Hacking ISO question.

Platinum*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[Sorry if this is in the wrong section. The hacking and the devices and utilities thing have similar threads so it threw me off >_>']

I finished downloading from the torrent and it only took about 12 hours. I started downloading AC: City Folk yesterday night and it finished by the time I woke up. Anyway, After a few minutes of extracting the RAR within the folder, another RAR plus some 'MSinfo Document' thing came out. Seeing as it took a few minutes to extract while only those 2 items were inside (the document + another rar), I extracted the RAR and then I got that broken file message. "No archives found".

Unless I'm completely mistaken (or stupid), I believe you have to burn an .ISO file and not the RAR. Can anyone tell me what's wrong? If the thing had no files in the first place and I have to go for ANOTHER AC: CF (That was my second try) Urgh. -slit-

Thanks for the help.

hetoan2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you set winRAR to handle ISO's then it will say that. go to options, turn it off, or just burn it.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure what happened exactly, but it looks like you'll need to re-download it again, or download a different torrent. Read comments before downloading. It makes sense it has such a short download time because it's only 444MB scrubbed. And you do burn the ISO, not the RAR.

Platinum*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Woah that was fast.

Anyway, the only files contained were what I mentioned. the MSinfo Document, the other RAR. Also, can I burn it directly on to the CD?

"if you set winRAR to handle ISO's then it will say that. go to options, turn it off, or just burn it."

Anyway, I'm re-downloading one to see if the problem is the same. Btw, it was Scrubbed/Brick Blocked (The problem RAR, not the one i'm downloading.)

hetoan2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just because it has a rar image for the file doesn't mean it's not a .iso check it under properties

Acetic Orcein

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with hetoan2!
I might be wrong, but yeah, you might actually have the ISO file, but the icon for it is winrar, which can be confusing!
So definitely check if it is an .iso before you delete it.

Platinum*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even if it was the icon, should it have the option of "Extract here"?

Type of file: WinRAR Archive
Opens with: WinRAR Archiver

-sigh-.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Platinum* said:
Even if it was the icon, should it have the option of "Extract here"?

Type of file: WinRAR Archive
Opens with: WinRAR Archiver

-sigh-.

So i guess it's a rar and not a .rar...

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Winrar can open iso files. He said the rar inside was damaged so it doesn't look like he got the game.

What is lame is when u download off newsgroup and the rars are all corrupt and the par files are based off the corrupted rars lmao. I've had that happen before. Torrents have been fine but it's a pain in the ass when u have most of the rars already and are just trying to complete off the torrent when your bittorrent software isn't allowing you to import the rars u already have. I had that problem one of the last times I was using my torrent software lol.

Platinum*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I'm guessing all I really did get from this super-fast torrent was (in general,) crap. Of course, when the torrent goes as fast as that, something is obviously put under suspicion.

Downloading another torrent is the only way, I guess, right?

@Fakie!

I just said it was a RAR File and not an ISO. Usually, the ISOs are within the RARs. It's a RAR or .RAR, whatever. All I know is that it's not an ISO. The name doesn't have an extension, but all it says on the third row is "WinRAR Archive"

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Could you please post the full filename of your "corrupted" rar?
Nevermind you already answered it.

Platinum* said:
[...]The name doesn't have an extension, but all it says on the third row is "WinRAR Archive"

Did you ever see a iso?
lol

Platinum*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is my first ISO donwloaded (the others are still downloading very slowly), but I'm pretty sure the ISO ends in .ISO 8-)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Platinum* said:
This is my first ISO donwloaded (the others are still downloading very slowly), but I'm pretty sure the ISO ends in .ISO 8-)

But your file is a winrar archive without file extension?

Platinum*

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
Platinum* said:

But your file is a winrar archive without file extension?

Do you mind reminiscing to the good old posts?

I clearly said that the name had no extension.
This was the name in properties 'Animal Crossing City Folk [NTSC] Scrubbed'

Copy and pasted directly. No extension.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1