ISO on PSX

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Norman3000, Apr 23, 2008.

Apr 23, 2008

ISO on PSX by Norman3000 at 5:01 AM (990 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Norman3000
    OP

Member Norman3000 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Gooday to everyone, i would like to as can anybody tell me how do i play my ISOs on my PS1?I burned them into a blank cd, but when i play it on my PS, it does not work,.

Can anybody help me with this problem? I desperately want to play old PS Games especially Tekken 3, [​IMG]
    Yes i can buy a cd of those old games but no one here at my place sells PS Games anymore,

Thanks for yourhlps and replies!

[​IMG]

2. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    Um...hate to ask the obvious, but...is your PS1 modded?

3. Norman3000
    OP

Member Norman3000 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Uhm, im sorry, but my ps1 was nver touched yet, it is still the sm as i bought it 9 years ago.
    So do you need to 'mod' it first? because i will defnitely mod it if thats whats needed. tnx

4. jumpman17

United States
    It will need to be modded in some way. I have mine hard-modded, but I'm sure there is some soft-mod way or using a disc-swap or something.
    It isn't like the Dreamcast where you can just burn a game unfortunately, LOL.

5. Sefi

Member Sefi GBAtemp Fan

It's possible to play burned copies without modding the psx, however word is that it will deteriorate your laser doing so. It's the swap method, which involves switching discs during the boot up of a game and fooling the system into thinking the lid of the system is always closed. I can confirm it works, but it's a lot of hassle for something that could really damage your psx. If you're extremely desperate, google around for the tutorial. Otherwise, there's always PC psx emulators, or buying legit boot discs that don't ruin your psx laser from use (as far as I know anyways).

And that reminds me, I really need to get rid of my old modded psone. I have way too much crap collecting dust here that I have no use for anymore.

6. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    you can also do the swap method if you have a ps1 gameshark

7. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    There are dongles that you plug into the back of the PSX. No idea where to get though

8. jumpman17

United States
    That is only for the very first models on the PS1. They removed that port in later versions.