"ISO found, emu. memcard is disabled" then black screen.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Dustin_S, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Dustin_S
    OP

Dustin_S Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2011
    United States
    Using CFG v70r65.

I'm afraid i don't know my Dios Mios versions. I used DMlizard to download and install everything. If you need further information, i will be happy to provide, as long as you can tell me how/where to find what you're need.

2. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
  3. Dustin_S
    OP

Dustin_S Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2011
    United States
    Thank you. I'll give that a try later tonight as I've apparently "Reached my download limit for this hour" on that website. I'll let you know how it turned out :)

i do have one question, though- isn't Dios Mios up to version 2.2 already?

4. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Also, make sure Devolution is turned off in the options.

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    it's not a decimal.
    2.2 is not higher than 2.10

10 is not 1 and zero, but ten.

2.1, 2.2, 2.5, 2.10, etc.
    Latest revision is 2.10

6. Dustin_S
    OP

Dustin_S Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2011
    United States
    thanks for the clarification! I'm getting ready to run some errands, but hopefully i'll be able to install the updated components tonight, come back and tell you guys you've solved my problem. Wish me luck!

7. Dustin_S
    OP

Dustin_S Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2011
    United States
    Well, i downloaded Dios Mios 2.10 from the link provided and installed using Wiimod. Unfortunately, when trying to load my GC games from the HDD, i still get the "Emu. memcard is disabled" error message before going to a blank screen. Afterwards the Wii is unresponsive and requires a hard restart (holding down the power button). Then, i came back to type THIS message and noticed the quick post (that i missed before) about making sure Devolution was off. I did that. Now, instead of getting the "emu. memcard" error message, the wii just plain shuts off.

It's progress of a sort, i suppose :D.

8. Dustin_S
    OP

Dustin_S Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2011
    United States
    Further information- changing the mios settings will sometimes make the game go straight to shut off instead of just black screening. Dunno if that's useful, but hey...it could be

9. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Try again multiple time.
    Try another HDD (he might be incompatible with DIOS MIOS)
    try with DIOS MIOS Lite and ISO on SD card.

10. Dustin_S
    OP

Dustin_S Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2011
    United States
    Here's the thing- i had a gamecube game working with DM lite in Wiiflow. But my SD card is only 4 gig, and since it's got all my homebrew apps on it, that left only about 2 gig of space for gamecube games. I have about 35 GC games in my collection, a dozen of which receive regular (about twice a week) play. It's not feasible to use my SD card to mount the ISOs- i'd spend more time switching out GC disc ISOs than actually playing the games- which is why i want to run the backups off my HDD.

The HDD is compatible with Dios Mios according to this link, so i don't think that's the problem. (WD my passport).

As for trying multiple times...i have been. i've been fiddling with different options (NMM options, video options, Dm, DMlite, Devolution, etc) in three different usb loaders (CFG, USB GX, and Wiiflow) for the last two days. I've found a hundred ways that don't work, but none that do.... :(

11. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Options have nothing to do with the compatibility.
    But if you want to test, it's always best to disable all patches.

The console shutdown if DM is crashing, so something wrong with your setup (usually HDD setup, as it doesn't happen with SD card).
    You are using all latest loader's revisions? DM2.2+ use a new config format, be sure to use latest loaders compatible with the new format. if you use USBLoaderGX 1218, it will warn you if your HDD is not setup correctly.

What format of the game are you using?
    1:1 ISO (Raw)? you should always try with this first.
    Compressed ?
    Compressed aligned?
    Extracted?

12. Dustin_S
    OP

Dustin_S Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2011
    United States
    i'm using 1:1 Raw format. USBLoader GX is 3.0 and revision 1218, CFG is v70r65. I'm not sure what my wiiversion is but it was only downloaded in the last week so i'm sure it's pretty new.

My DM version is 2.10, but what do you mean use a new config format? Do you mean a fresh, unmodified install? In order to get the first round of game to work in Wiiflow (to get them to play off the SD card) i had to modify one of the files- i had to change the DM versions in the info file (or something similar). Forgive me for being vague, it's been a while now.

13. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    DIOS MIOS (Lite) used some settings in version 1.0 to 2.1, and different settings since 2.2
    The loaders had to update their settings to work with both old and new version of DM(L).

You have the latest versions of the loaders, so you don't need to worry about the setting changes, the loaders are doing what's needed automatically based on the detected DM(L) version.

Try a different HDD, or a different cable.
    Even if they are marked as working, the manufacturer can change it's hardware without notification.

14. Dustin_S
    OP

Dustin_S Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2011
    United States
    no luck. I'm becoming convinced that i managed to screw something up in the original install- I had it working originally with Dios Mios Lite, but since i don't have enough room on my SD card for all the games i wanted to backup, i tried to use the RVL Mios v10 (sic) to replace the original mios and install Dios Mios 2.10. I must have messed something up.

If i wanted to do a clean install of the USB loaders and appropriate support files (Dios mios, etc, are there others?), but wanted to preserve my game backups, how would i go about doing that?