iso forwarding...

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by serenade.63, Jul 8, 2011.

Jul 8, 2011

iso forwarding... by serenade.63 at 3:39 AM (636 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. serenade.63
    OP

Member serenade.63 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    OK so i have followed this guide http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-guides-t...ders-guide.html to the letter, and still i am unable to forward with isos in a usb loader, the only think that i dont have is a fat partition on my usb, is it not possible to forward from the sd slot, that is what im trying to do

2. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    need to go to wiihacks an ask them on that forum. [​IMG]

3. serenade.63
    OP

Member serenade.63 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I tried, no one would answer, this community is much nicer.

4. chaosdarkneo

Member chaosdarkneo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    ...It doesn't matter. We refuse to help anyone following guides not from our forum. We endorse our guide, or guides we found good enough to repost here.

No others.

5. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I haven't bothered to check the entire guide, but I get where it's getting at:

1. dump nand
    2. install some extra games on the dumped nand (if necessary)
    3. do some stuff with an app called wad2iso
    4. ???
    5. PROFIT!!!

I love how guides like that tell every step on the way without telling any reasoning behind it.

Here's the thing: wad2iso is a very nifty program, but its uses are very limited. The isos it creates are nothing more than shortcuts that run a very specific (and outdated) version of triiforce with very specific parameters (eg. which wiiware or VC to run, which IOS it'll use, video mode, language and more of those options).

In other words: you have to KNOW all these parameters first, or it won't work.

Here's a test for you: wad2iso needs a \nandgames\Loader.dol file. This dol is actually triiforce. Copy and rename this file to \apps\somefolder\boot.dol and then run it through the HBC. If you followed the previous steps of that guide correctly, it should be able to find your emulated nand and the games on it.

The hardest part is probably to get the games to actually run. There's a fair number of exception games that simply won't work (check the compatibility guide). Probably more important is the fact that triiforce (and certainly that version) is very picky as to which cIOS it can use. If you can get things to work with recent cIOS'es then you're in luck (I have to admit I have NO IDEA how well the d2x cIOS work with triiforce or wad2iso). But it may be necessary to downgrade your 249 cIOS all the way down to Waninkoko's rev17.

EDIT: had to search a bit, but information in this thread may be usefull for you as well. [​IMG]