ISO Editors/trimmers ect. will not open my ISO's

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Spartan296, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Spartan296
    OP

Spartan296 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2013
    Canada
    My ISO's work fine on dolphin, but with every program other than that that opens ISO files, I get an error. I have tried like 4 different programs (WiU 1.1, Wii scrubber, and a few others) I've noticed that my ISO files are winrar files though. I'm wondering if that is the problem. It says that my ISO (Mario kart wii.iso) is in there, but when I try to open the winrar file it says that it is an unknown format or it is damaged. I really need help to open this ISO on Wii Scrubber, or anything that allows you to view the files on the ISO, and edit them.

2. GHANMI

GHANMI GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2012
    Unpack with 7zip? (I guess you don't compress your ISOs with Dolphin either?)

3. Spartan296
    OP

Spartan296 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2013
    Canada
    It won't work with that either, I am getting an error. Also, shouldn't my ISO's file icon be like that little disk? Mine are still the .rar thing, even though I have unchecked "ISO" in the winrar settings..

4. Wiimm

Wiimm Developer

Aug 11, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Is it really a rar file? Or does Windows tell you only this fact, because winrar has registered the extension .iso?

btw, for unix (and also linux/mac/...) there exists the tool "file" since 40 years. The tool looks inside the object file to identify its type.

5. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    Probably out of modesty, Wiimm didn't suggest to check your iso with his own tools. That would make sure it's a valid Wii iso. So download Wiimm's Iso tools (google it) and verify in a command line window with something like this:

wit verify -v -s "C:\Mario kart wii.iso"