Gaming ISO and CSO (I know the difference)

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
MAJOR RE-EDIT

i just realised that the PSP has a hardware error of somekind that doesnt allow it to load ISOs/ CSOs or even load up properly.

when you turn on my PSP, it stays on a black screen permanently and makes no sound, until you bend it in the middle lol

once you bend it, the memory stick busy light flicks on for a split second and then some connector must contact or something and it loads up the main screen.

same thing for loading ISOs... it freezes at the PSP screen after you start the game then turns off the PSP, however, if you load the gamee whilst bending it in the middle, the memory stick busy light flashes and the game loads. and from that point on you dont need to bend the PSP again, it'll load and save etc properly.

which component might cause this to happen? i took the faceplate off and found that the thinner lock mechanism of the two cables connecting the screen to the psp is broken, but it's still in there and works fine, plus i dont think that would be the issue, the only thing with that would be no screen output.

i'm thinking it might be something to do with the memory stick part due to the split second flicker it gets when the PSP is bent, but i cant be sure... i could make a video if anyone wants to see what i mean? lol

cheers,
Mikey

EDIT AGAIN: there are some games such as rockband unplugged which delete things from your SD card and dont really work properly on custom firmware, is there a website with a list of these games that i could look at?

thanks again,
Mikey

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PSP Slim 2000.

still doing it now and then, i gave it a big bend and it seems to be working alright for now, but it's probably only temporary lol

also, any ideas why everybodys golf 1 freezes on hole 9 no matter what character or mode i use? compatibility list/ bad iso or what do ya think?
tongue.gif

i've been here for AGES and if it requires patching or something i'll be capable of it i'm sure XD

cheers

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about the slim, only the 1000, and I had the opposite problem- if I squeezed or bent the PSP in any way it would shut off! My fix: put a piece of paper behind where the battery goes in (near the adapter port, not near where the battery connects to the system) and then put the battery back in. I have no idea why, but that worked perfectly.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
benjaminlibl said:
Your PSP is too messed up for words. I've never had that problem or heard about it from others before. Time to get a new PSP.
i'm sorry but you sound like an absolute nut.

i've already said that the PSP works, and it loads games. it's just that initially it needs to be bent on startup and game loading, then it's 100% perfect for playing games/ music and stuff from the mem stick.

also, cheers for that insight DS1, i'll just have to take the whole thing apart, give it a quick clean all over and see if there are any connectors which dont touch properly lol

ta

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
mikeyt1998 said:
benjaminlibl said:
Your PSP is too messed up for words. I've never had that problem or heard about it from others before. Time to get a new PSP.
it's just that initially it needs to be bent on startup and game loading
If that's a small problem to you, I don't really have much else to say.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb