Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Etalon said:
Killermech said:
After all, you want the old iPlayer owners to buy a new DSTWO.

Yes. I know. But we iPlayer owners will NEVER buy a DSTwo. I'll better buy a CycloDSi, just because we HATE Team TS.
hate2.gif

I just wish I was as strong as you are. I sadly.. gave in to the temptation
shy.gif

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My iSmart MM is coming either this week or next week. I will do a video review of it once I get it.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lightning said:
Killermech said:
I wonder how long it'll be before we get R4 SUPAH with a processor now.

EX4DS lol

This looks fishy people. Its a clone of DSTWO yay!
Are you blind or what ?
Look at the iSMM PCB pictures and look at the DSTWO PCB. IT'S NOT THE SAME HARDWARE !
How can it be a clone if the hardware is different ?

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Etalon said:
Killermech said:

Yes. I know. But we iPlayer owners will NEVER buy a DSTwo. I'll better buy a CycloDSi, just because we HATE Team TS.
hate2.gif
you realize iplayer is a supercard product, right?

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
(@RoMee) Actually, new comers with less knowledge wouldn't really know what the SC2 is, and would probably buy the cheaper one.

Anyway, just as I thought - the GBA emulator is the same as the iPlayer's and therefor doesn't support RTC (real time clock)...

You can't know just yet if they'll pull an R4 on us, but lets just see how it goes
smile.gif

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically Supercard ... helped SMM, or are part of the group? Damn ... everyone want's money
frown.gif

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
mercluke said:
Etalon said:
Killermech said:

hate2.gif
you realize iplayer is a supercard product, right?

Oh. Really?
hate2.gif

Team Supercard:

p1ng.gif
p1ngp0ngsmiley.png
whip.gif

intro02__23258.jpg

wacko.gif

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
The 1st Menu where you choose DS Games and movies, etc, does look extraordinarily like the DSTwo, even icons are extremely similar but I'm not that bothered about that.

The simple question about whether this is worth it or not to me, is the GBA Emulation.
It has to be equal with/better than the DSTwo's, for me to even consider it.

How does Golden Sun (1 and 2) work on it, better than they do on the DSTwo ?
If not, does it have inbuilt tools for external devices such as EZ3in1, M3 etc.. ?

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Mbmax said:
Are you blind or what?
Last I checked cracking your flash cart open to compare the PCB was not anything a normal person is ever expected to do.
blink.gif

AhTin's pictures.
wink.gif

Google image found me those PCB pictures. Yeah, i'm not a normal person. I shouldn't use google.
rofl.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Mbmax said:
Rydian said:
Mbmax said:
Are you blind or what?Last I checked cracking your flash cart open to compare the PCB was not anything a normal person is ever expected to do.
blink.gif

AhTin's pictures.
wink.gif

Google image found me those PCB pictures. Yeah, i'm not a normal person. I shouldn't use google.
rofl.gif
Why would a normal person google for images of a printed circuit board?

Bolweevil
Why are we so consistently surprised when people are wrong about things? Being wrong is part of the learning process.

Nobody is expected to know everything, especially things that don't concern them, or directly affect their lives. They have no need to.

People only know what they're told. They fill in the gaps by guessing. It's normal. We've all done it at some point in our lives.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so it's a souped up iPlayer sold for the same price as a DSTwo?

Looks like the iSmart team just wasn't...

iSmart enough.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Mbmax said:
Are you blind or what ?
Look at the iSMM PCB pictures and look at the DSTWO PCB. IT'S NOT THE SAME HARDWARE !
How can it be a clone if the hardware is different ?

As i already said several times now, the iSMM is based on the iPlayer hardware.

Most people don't understand the difference between a clone and a knockoff. Wood R4 runs perfectly on R4 clones, not on knockoffs, but look how often people interchange the terms.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Etalon said:
If it's the same hardware as the iPlayer: Why can't iPlayer users use the iSmart MM firmware then?
i brought that point up to the ismartds crew way before they released it. i mentioned that if you wanted to boost sales and interest in your company then what better way to do that but to support the iplayer with your software. they said the would "look into it" and that didn't sound to me like they were going to do it. perhaps their sdk will contain enough code to allow a 3rd party developer to port the firmware.

for everyone who doesn't want to read 3 pages of posts... the ismart mm is an oem iplayer with official supercard support. its not a clone, its not a fake, its not reverse engineered, its not a knock-off. they purchased the rights to distribute a flash kit that had been forgotten and breathed new life into it by adding lager than 4mb homebrew support, commercial rom loading, in-game menu options (save state, cheat search, slow-mo, in-game guide), and an improved video player (according to their team, something we still need to test fully for the final review).

please stop referring to it as a knock-off or a clone, as it is neither of those things.

the only negative thing so far that i have found (besides a few bugs) is the price point. i'm the first to admit that in order to steal the market away from supercard you will need to drop the price to around $25. if they aren't willing to do that then it might hurt sales. everyone with a scds2 won't be willing to buy a second flash kit for $2-3 less, especially if the fate of the software is unknown at this point.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality