• No

Votes: 85 76.6%

• Total voters

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah its great. I like the open world. I does take a while to get places and you can grt side track but thats to each person.
I find it fun to explore

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I you don't like the open worldness I suggest you wait a bit longer for Dragonquest to come out, It's more linear and story driven.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Get ready for 'From The Ground Up', a long quest of 130 Wood bundles, 3,000 rupees at minimum to start the quest, and 3,000 rupees to buy the Hylian Shield from Grantè.
wood and money is easy to come by. just blow trees up with bombs as for money well you can either cook or farm stone giants by blasting them with bomb arrows :P

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wood and money is easy to come by. just blow trees up with bombs as for money well you can either cook or farm stone giants by blasting them with bomb arrows :P

Had stacks of wood from the Thyphlo Ruins (made a firey breadcrumb trail.)
I wouldn't waste Bomb Arrows, unless you have a bow at +50. For something like Talus, I'd use Bomb Rune + Ancient Arrow; Guardians count as Calamity, so MS is a viable offensive tactic given one regular arrow to the eye will count as a stun.

The real money is in snowling. I got a little over 8,000 rupees in about thirty minutes. I'm working on a 100% check for strike accuracy--it seems you can use the snowball and the rock behind Link to make ‹, √, ◆, ▼, or 'k'-shapes.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't waste Bomb Arrows, unless you have a bow at +50. For something like Talus, I'd use Bomb Rune + Ancient Arrow; Guardians count as Calamity, so MS is a viable offensive tactic given one regular arrow to the eye will count as a stun.

The real money is in snowling. I got a little over 8,000 rupees in about thirty minutes. I'm working on a 100% check for strike accuracy--it seems you can use the snowball and the rock behind Link to make ‹, √, ◆, ▼, or 'k'-shapes.

where is this snowling alley?

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where is this snowling alley?
Hebra Tower, Pondo's Lodge.
---
If it doesn't show up on your map: from the tower, glide about three or four seconds to the northeast, I believe. It's unbelievably close to the tower. Pondo's outside and you'll see a little lodge on your way down from the tower.

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,
Reactions: Mr. Wizard

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another week, another poll for my research. I don't know about you, but ever since I started to play this game, I hardly made any progress on the story. I know there are story quests in the menu that tell where to go, but this game is so frickin huge, I always go to places where I'm not supposed to go, because there is so much to explore, you are kind of overwhelmed. You are supposed to go west, nope, I take a side trip the mountain up. You are supposed to go south, nope, I decide to dive off that cliff because you never know what you may find there. Fuck the game, I'm going straight to Hyrule's Castle, nope, I get my ass handed to me.

So yea, I'm wondering if there are other people who sometimes are kind of overwhelmed by how much open world this game is.
I've been playing a good 20+ hours (haha my grades), and seem to be doing fine with the same amount of hearts and stamina that I started with. It's fun. Took forever just to finish the map.

And i love it.

Oh, did you make it to the ganon fight? I made it and got him to his second or third form, but didn't have proper arrows to fight him. The fight looked completely different than my friend's strategy guide. Apparently the environment changes depending on what part of the game you're at. I haven't gone anywhere with the story. I'm still suppose to be meeting impa.

Last edited by osaka35,

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hebra Tower, Pondo's Lodge.
---
If it doesn't show up on your map: from the tower, glide about three or four seconds to the northeast, I believe. It's unbelievably close to the tower. Pondo's outside and you'll see a little lodge on your way down from the tower.

Thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just read some interesting stuff on the Super Gut Check Challenge north of Death Mountain at Gut Check Rock. Have you tried that yet?

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just read some interesting stuff on the Super Gut Check Challenge north of Death Mountain at Gut Check Rock. Have you tried that yet?

It's not really worth grinding. The first time is worth it to open the shrine, but after that, you don't really need to bother. Unless you get the full set Climbing Gear to maximum/bonus, level three Speed Up potion, and three stamina wheels...but Snowling is still superior, for now.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
too many spoilers in here
giphy.gif

LichbannMejolaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I must say that at the beginning, everything felt beautiful and good, but after 30 or so hours I got kinda of bored with the Shrine hunting and such.

The good thing is: being a REAL open world, I went directly to Ganon and finished the whole thing instantly.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel the same way you do... but I try to keep exploring only the area of the map I'm in, so that I won't "lose my way" so much. Once I fell like I explored all that I could, I get back on track with the main quest.

Nevertheless, I don't think it's too much of an open world, because they do not force you to be out there exploring, you are the one responsible for making a choice: to explore or to keep on the main quest. And that's why this game is so fenomenal!!!
Although if you choose the main quest... the game will last you two hours xD

LichbannMejolaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is funny how for the first 20 hours everytime I saw Death Mountain, I stopped for some moments to stare and it and thought: "Man, that shit looks like Mordor, can't wait to get there".

And then I finished the game without going even near of it. :tpi::tpi:

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally i looove the big ipen world it haves, i love taking lots of time in a game before arriving to the end, i hate that moment in a game where you know you are near the end and with a big open world, it last way longer for me :P

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally no, I love it so much, I'm still finding new things even have after already beating the 4 dodads and ganon (starting over, going shrine hunting and all to get the true ending)
I do dislike a lot of the shrines however that are just "A test of strength" types, basically how many fairies can you bring and how much food you have, hit and run, etc. which there seem to be a lot of.. I love the puzzle ones.

The world however is awesome, there's a lot to do even if it doesn't seem like it because of the 5 main story quests in the whole game.. xD
But as you look and take different paths, i.e. not climbing much of anything there's so much more, but when you stamina is maxed and you climb and wait on a small portion, it kind of takes away a lot of what you're supposed to see and then makes the game stale

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not at all, everything in the game feels meaningful and rewarding, exploring places makes sense unlike other open world rpgs.

Withcer 3 world for instance gets low leveled fast and made me just want to rush through the main story (which is bad btw).

Fallout 4 and Skyrim, you can just get straight to the best gear in the game and there's no much more reason to explore the world except doing so out of boredom.

I think Zelda BotW open world is just perfect, the world has plenty of mysteries and doesn't cease to amaze me. Plus, being able to get almost anywhere I want is awesome.

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I carry plenty of weapons because I can't rely solely on the Master Sword, nor would it be smart to, even if it had a reduced power state. My point was more or less that endgame-level equipment shouldn't feel so limited. I think the only piece of gear I've found like that which I've genuinely been impressed with has been the Hylian Shield, due to the absolutely absurd amount of abuse it can take. That's a properly-done endgame piece.

Crap, I didn't know that the Master Sword had those limitations. You'd think it would be near indestructible, since they make you level up to 13 goddamn hearts to attain it!! *sigh*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning