Is xorpad sharing is allowed in gbatemp?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by manpaint, Oct 23, 2015.

1. manpaint
    OP

manpaint GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2014
    Canada
    Title. If not why because there no roms there are decryption keys

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I think logically it should be allowed, because there's no copyrighted content in it, only content self-generated by users using homebrew. But I'm not staff though.

3. manpaint
    OP

manpaint GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2014
    Canada
    if is allowed i would request triforce hero xorpad because i want to know if data structure is same as albw.

Last edited by manpaint, Oct 23, 2015
  4. djalmafreestyler

djalmafreestyler GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 31, 2011
    Brazil
    I don't think so....

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    We do not allow sharing of keys beyond those that are tied to a given console (if you wanted to share your unique NAND key, your device specific keys for saving...), and as sharing those will tend to net you an online ban for most device makers with a clue (so probably not Nintendo) then those are discouraged as well. It is the err on the side of caution/the only ones to win are the lawyers approach.

Similarly they might not directly be a ROM but it is close enough that it is not going to happen, maybe if the keys were not the same length as the message something could be discussed. To that end your signature raise be cause for a raised eyebrow.

It sucks because I can not begin to think how many hackers just grabbed a ROM to fire through ndstool back on the DS to help out someone with a question, thems the breaks though.