Is Windows 11 safe to install to my main system?

14Par

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 monitors, (theres a bug with that) but all i do on my computer is stream videos, (youtube, netflix, ect,) download files, and play games. I dont mind much bugs, but will winodws 11 ruin my experiences and is it safe to install?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows 11 isn't recommended until general availability. The latest version has major bugs, and there's really no reason to update to Windows 11 right now.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
there are no applications that require, or use the new windows 11 feature yet, so you will not get benefits updating right now.

If you want to update just out of curiosity, probably you will not face any major problem, but something minor may annoy you, so in the end that's your call...

Reactions: Alexander1970

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It's not out yet, so nobody can say. All we have is an old leak and insider builds which are buggy and missing features.

I wouldn't bother using insider builds if that's all you do, you'll see no benefit. The leak is fine to use, if you want to see the new UI, but beyond that it's basically Windows 10 and has none of the new features the release build will have. Been running it on a laptop since it came out, it's stable and works just fine. Still wouldn't recommend bothering unless you really want that new UI for some reason.

SilverDen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I have been using the insider build for the whole day and ,except for the visuals, nothing has really changed. Definitely worth a shot if you are curious, no reason to upgrade otherwise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone