Is wiikey working OK

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kiteman, May 29, 2007.

1. kiteman
    OP

kiteman Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2007
    Before everyone goes mental. I've done a search but just need some conformation.

I've got a wiikey, config disc works fine, but burnt games don't.
    iso size of games is 4.37gb
    burning onto sony dvd+r using sonic recordnow.

Just want to know, if config disc works OK does this mean that the chip is working OK, if so why don't the games work, am i missing something.

STEVE

2. ih8crouch

ih8crouch GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2006
    all i do to get backups of my games to run is use dvd-r, burn at 4x and away they go, i think ur right in saying they should run if the config disk runs have u tried a real wii game?

3. shyducky

shyducky Newbie

Make sure to set booktype to dvd-rom if you use a dvd+r. Otherwise the wii doesn't recognise a dvd+r disc.

4. kiteman
    OP

kiteman Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2007
    How do I change the booktype I can't find where to do it on recordnow. do I need different burning software.

I didn't change booktype for config disc and that works fine [​IMG]

Yes original games work fine.

5. Entwinedwithsick

Entwinedwithsick Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2006
    United States
    try using imgburn, that lets you set booktype

6. kiteman
    OP

kiteman Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2007
    If the config disc works does this mean that the chip is working correctly.

7. georaldc

georaldc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2007
    Mine works eventhough I do not change the bitsetting to dvd-rom. Have you tried using different media? I use +R verbatims and they work great, never had a bad burn yet.

8. nilsk123

nilsk123 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2007
    Netherlands
    in imageburn you can change your burners booktype for +r, if it gives you an error your drive does not support bitsetting. Google for the newest firmware for your burner or some hacked ones that do support it.

For example I have a NEC ND3500AG, I couldn't change my booktype on it, because the official firmware doesn't support it. I flashed it with MadDog's hacked firmware and I can change it all I want.

So remember, set DVD+R to DVD-ROM for wii games!

9. aross6

aross6 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2007
    United States
    In my experience, some DVD+R brands work and some DVD+R brands do not. I've never had a DVD-R not work though... they are 100% reliable (note that I also burn at 2.4x using CloneCD). Go to Wal*Mart, spend the $15 on some good DVD-R media and watch your worries float away...

10. kiteman
    OP

kiteman Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2007
    Burnt using imgburn and all is OK [​IMG]

Thanks for the help guys [​IMG]

11. crazimofo

crazimofo Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2006
    Canada
    Yeah, use some quality DVD media. I got some TDK DVD-R and my WII will not load with those TDK.

12. beauchampy

beauchampy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2007
    I've got some 'Dysan' discs sitting here (which were very cheap) and decided to give them a try.. they're excellent !!!! Work really well with my Wii. Better so than the TDKs I've been using.

Getting some Verbs today (as I ran out of the Dysan and can't source anymore) so i'm going to see how they compare.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice