Hacking Is wiikey working OK

kiteman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Before everyone goes mental. I've done a search but just need some conformation.

I've got a wiikey, config disc works fine, but burnt games don't.
iso size of games is 4.37gb
burning onto sony dvd+r using sonic recordnow.

Just want to know, if config disc works OK does this mean that the chip is working OK, if so why don't the games work, am i missing something.

STEVE

ih8crouch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
all i do to get backups of my games to run is use dvd-r, burn at 4x and away they go, i think ur right in saying they should run if the config disk runs have u tried a real wii game?

S

shyducky

Make sure to set booktype to dvd-rom if you use a dvd+r. Otherwise the wii doesn't recognise a dvd+r disc.

kiteman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I change the booktype I can't find where to do it on recordnow. do I need different burning software.

I didn't change booktype for config disc and that works fine
unsure.gif

Yes original games work fine.

georaldc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine works eventhough I do not change the bitsetting to dvd-rom. Have you tried using different media? I use +R verbatims and they work great, never had a bad burn yet.

nilsk123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
in imageburn you can change your burners booktype for +r, if it gives you an error your drive does not support bitsetting. Google for the newest firmware for your burner or some hacked ones that do support it.

For example I have a NEC ND3500AG, I couldn't change my booktype on it, because the official firmware doesn't support it. I flashed it with MadDog's hacked firmware and I can change it all I want.

So remember, set DVD+R to DVD-ROM for wii games!

aross6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my experience, some DVD+R brands work and some DVD+R brands do not. I've never had a DVD-R not work though... they are 100% reliable (note that I also burn at 2.4x using CloneCD). Go to Wal*Mart, spend the $15 on some good DVD-R media and watch your worries float away...

beauchampy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got some 'Dysan' discs sitting here (which were very cheap) and decided to give them a try.. they're excellent !!!! Work really well with my Wii. Better so than the TDKs I've been using.

Getting some Verbs today (as I ran out of the Dysan and can't source anymore) so i'm going to see how they compare.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-