Is Wiikey 1 1.99 update still avail somewhere?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by troy4u, Mar 8, 2014.

1. troy4u
    OP

troy4u Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2007
    United States
    I am looking for the latest firmware update for wiikey 1 and I think it is the 1.99.
    I can't find it anywhere though :(

Does anyone have an idea?

2. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Psionic Roshambo likes this.
  3. ge2kas

ge2kas Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2007
    Just go with softmod, because 1st gen wiikey dont support latest games. I have one in my wii, and its useless with latest games.

4. lafleche

lafleche GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2007
    Netherlands
    The only reason to use your wiikey is when playing Gamecube discs which have audiostreaming and perhaps some difficult wii titles (Tintin springs to mind).

Most WII games you can play with softmod, a lot of GC games play with DiosMios (=also softmod).
    But as memory serves me right, audiostreaming only works with 1.9 on wiikey, but they broke it again with 1.99s.

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Wiikey 1.9g : The "g"alaxy edition. Fix Mario Galaxy (new error #002?). This version has Audio streaming and 6x speed.
    Wiikey 1.9s : the "S"sbb edition. Fix Dual layer game with Super Smash Bros Brawl release. I think this one broke Audio streaming (or was it 1.99?) and had 3x speed.
    Wiikey 1.99 : fix 6x and BCA for NSMB.

I didn't have 1.99, thanks for sharing the link :)

Psionic Roshambo likes this.
  6. northp

northp Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2014
    United States
    yeah, the newest wiikey gen 1 update 1.99 fixes all the issues I think we had. I can play all the new games with it.

7. callmebob

callmebob The Grandpa of Awe!

Jan 24, 2007
    Germany
    Bitburger Brewery (a lot)
    Thanks troy4u and raulpica. Somehow missed the 1.99 beta. Was it ever on their main page, or was this a leak or independent build?

Dunno when I´ll get to try, but I hope this one still has audio streaming intact. :grog:

8. markehmus

markehmus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 26, 2008
    Canada
    in the GAME
    not many people got this update due to not being able to download it even if you were a member.
    Cyan made comments in this topic before
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiikey-1-update-v1-99-beta.229916/#post-2871376

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiikey-1-update-v1-99-beta.229916/

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiikey-1-update-v1-99-beta.229916/page-3#post-2876807
    talks about audio streaming working again as well but i havent tried yet.

the http://sharebee.com/8a8127e9 link in the first post still works even, 4 years later ... points for sharebee :-)

9. fdez2002

fdez2002 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2017
    Spain
    [QUOTE = "troy4u, post: 4937212, member: 87653"] Estoy buscando la última actualización de firmware para wiikey 1 y creo que es la 1,99.
    No puedo encontrarlo en ninguna parte sin embargo Significado de la palabra

¿Alguien tiene una idea? [/ QUOTE]
    maridola como se actualiza

10. fdez2002

fdez2002 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2017
    Spain
    Hola, cómo actualizar el archivo de actualización wiikey?

11. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    English, please?

12. DaMan4169

DaMan4169 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2009
    United States
    To update the Wiikey firmware you have to extract the .iso file for your region (link in post#2 still works), burn the image to disc and launch it using the Game Channel. It will appear to be a Gamecube Disc on the Game Channel but it loads the firmware updater. Just follow the prompts and wait for loading.

Utilizar Google translate si tiene dificultades con el Inglés.

13. fdez2002

fdez2002 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2017
    Spain
    Para actualizar el firmware de Wiikey debes extraer el archivo .iso de tu región (el enlace en la publicación # 2 sigue funcionando), grabar la imagen en disco y lanzarla usando El canal del juego. Parecerá ser un disco Gamecube en el canal de juego, pero se carga el actualizador de firmware. Sólo tienes que seguir las indicaciones y esperar a cargar .

Utilizar Google translate si tiene dificultades con el Inglés. [/ QUOTE]
    What programs do I use to put the iso to disk, can I pass it to a USB stick instead of to a disk ????

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

What programs do I use to put the iso to disk, can I pass it to a USB stick instead of to a disk ????

14. fdez2002

fdez2002 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2017
    Spain

15. DaMan4169

DaMan4169 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2009
    United States
    Imgburn is a free program that can write an .iso image to disc fairly easily. Just use a slow write speed for better results, 4x with DVD-r discs seem to be Wii friendly. I haven't burned discs for some time now but quality discs like Verbatium will yield better results also.

I've never owned a Wiikey, but I'm fairly certain it has to be on disc. Isn't using discs the whole point of Wiikey versus using a softmod?

16. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    from what I remember (have a wiikey 1 as well), u have to burn the update to a disc. yeah, the point of the wiikey is to play burns. I've never encountered a game that didn't work. I remember the game "we dare" which for a time only worked via a disc. that game worked with my wii key. I didn't play it, only tested it, but it worked. I do remember the galaxy update, but aside from that it's kinda a blur when it comes to updates. I believe I have the latest version though, 'cause I would check the official site regularly. I don't think that site still exists though. either that or they've catered to wii key 2 users and dropped all support for the wiikey 1.

17. fdez2002

fdez2002 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2017
    Spain
    -then only would be to put the iso in a disk and put it in the wii?
    -Why in hard dico not ??

18. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Because the modchip is inside the disc drive...
    The config disc communicates with it by sending specific commands to the disc drive which the chip intercepts, but when you use a USB loader disc drive access is redirected to USB so it likely won't be able to communicate with the chip. You could try, but it probably won't work.

19. fdez2002

fdez2002 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2017
    Spain
    And with what program could put them in the hard disk?

20. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    cfg usb loader? as stated, this probably won't work. this is y I always keep a supply of dvd discs - for my modchips, backups. I have a matrix infinity in my ps2 as well.