Hacking Is Wiikey 1 1.99 update still avail somewhere?

troy4u

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking for the latest firmware update for wiikey 1 and I think it is the 1.99.
I can't find it anywhere though :(

Does anyone have an idea?

ge2kas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just go with softmod, because 1st gen wiikey dont support latest games. I have one in my wii, and its useless with latest games.

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The only reason to use your wiikey is when playing Gamecube discs which have audiostreaming and perhaps some difficult wii titles (Tintin springs to mind).

Most WII games you can play with softmod, a lot of GC games play with DiosMios (=also softmod).
But as memory serves me right, audiostreaming only works with 1.9 on wiikey, but they broke it again with 1.99s.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wiikey 1.9g : The "g"alaxy edition. Fix Mario Galaxy (new error #002?). This version has Audio streaming and 6x speed.
Wiikey 1.9s : the "S"sbb edition. Fix Dual layer game with Super Smash Bros Brawl release. I think this one broke Audio streaming (or was it 1.99?) and had 3x speed.
Wiikey 1.99 : fix 6x and BCA for NSMB.

I didn't have 1.99, thanks for sharing the link :)

northp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, the newest wiikey gen 1 update 1.99 fixes all the issues I think we had. I can play all the new games with it.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks troy4u and raulpica. Somehow missed the 1.99 beta. Was it ever on their main page, or was this a leak or independent build?

Dunno when I´ll get to try, but I hope this one still has audio streaming intact. :grog:

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wiikey 1.9g : The "g"alaxy edition. Fix Mario Galaxy (new error #002?). This version has Audio streaming and 6x speed.
Wiikey 1.9s : the "S"sbb edition. Fix Dual layer game with Super Smash Bros Brawl release. I think this one broke Audio streaming (or was it 1.99?) and had 3x speed.
Wiikey 1.99 : fix 6x and BCA for NSMB.

I didn't have 1.99, thanks for sharing the link :)
not many people got this update due to not being able to download it even if you were a member.
Cyan made comments in this topic before
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiikey-1-update-v1-99-beta.229916/#post-2871376

Thanks troy4u and raulpica. Somehow missed the 1.99 beta. Was it ever on their main page, or was this a leak or independent build?

Dunno when I´ll get to try, but I hope this one still has audio streaming intact. :grog:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiikey-1-update-v1-99-beta.229916/

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiikey-1-update-v1-99-beta.229916/page-3#post-2876807
talks about audio streaming working again as well but i havent tried yet.

the http://sharebee.com/8a8127e9 link in the first post still works even, 4 years later ... points for sharebee :-)

Reactions: Madridi

fdez2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
[QUOTE = "troy4u, post: 4937212, member: 87653"] Estoy buscando la última actualización de firmware para wiikey 1 y creo que es la 1,99.
No puedo encontrarlo en ninguna parte sin embargo Significado de la palabra

¿Alguien tiene una idea? [/ QUOTE]
maridola como se actualiza

DaMan4169

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

fdez2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Para actualizar el firmware de Wiikey debes extraer el archivo .iso de tu región (el enlace en la publicación # 2 sigue funcionando), grabar la imagen en disco y lanzarla usando El canal del juego. Parecerá ser un disco Gamecube en el canal de juego, pero se carga el actualizador de firmware. Sólo tienes que seguir las indicaciones y esperar a cargar .

Utilizar Google translate si tiene dificultades con el Inglés. [/ QUOTE]
What programs do I use to put the iso to disk, can I pass it to a USB stick instead of to a disk ????

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What programs do I use to put the iso to disk, can I pass it to a USB stick instead of to a disk ????

DaMan4169

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imgburn is a free program that can write an .iso image to disc fairly easily. Just use a slow write speed for better results, 4x with DVD-r discs seem to be Wii friendly. I haven't burned discs for some time now but quality discs like Verbatium will yield better results also.

I've never owned a Wiikey, but I'm fairly certain it has to be on disc. Isn't using discs the whole point of Wiikey versus using a softmod?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what I remember (have a wiikey 1 as well), u have to burn the update to a disc. yeah, the point of the wiikey is to play burns. I've never encountered a game that didn't work. I remember the game "we dare" which for a time only worked via a disc. that game worked with my wii key. I didn't play it, only tested it, but it worked. I do remember the galaxy update, but aside from that it's kinda a blur when it comes to updates. I believe I have the latest version though, 'cause I would check the official site regularly. I don't think that site still exists though. either that or they've catered to wii key 2 users and dropped all support for the wiikey 1.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
-then only would be to put the iso in a disk and put it in the wii?
-Why in hard dico not ??
Because the modchip is inside the disc drive...
The config disc communicates with it by sending specific commands to the disc drive which the chip intercepts, but when you use a USB loader disc drive access is redirected to USB so it likely won't be able to communicate with the chip. You could try, but it probably won't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo"