Is WiiFlow compatible with ntfs formated usb?

Yeti64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been running a fat32 SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 128GB for about a year or so now and it works great for game cube games, but for Wii it was a little weird. By weird, I mean it would only run games on WiiFlow. Usb loader GX worked for a day then it would throw up an "USB not initialed!" message and would switch to my Wii menu. This was fine however since nintendont and WiiFlow got along with my usb.

This brings us to today. I was trying to play Super Smash Brothers Brawl on wiimmfi with some of my buddy's when it wouldn't transfer SSBB to the wbfs folder, it would stop at 4GB and say there was an error copying to the directory. I looked up why my game wouldn't transfer to my usb drive and it pulled up with a web page saying that fat32 can't transfer more then 4B. I saw that it said ntfs would be able to transfer more than 4GB, so I backed up my saves and formatted to ntfs. I then copied SSBB.wbfs(That's not the file name I just abbreviated lol) to the usb and... IT TRANSFERRED! End of story right? I wish. I put the open shop channel onto the usb and tried opening it in homebrew and it crashed. I thought, "Okay i'll just use my sd card.". I download WiiFlow off osc and run it. Wiiflow boots up perfectly and it won't read my usb. I made sure to set the game partitions to check my usb for games but it still wouldn't read. I doubled checked a wiiflow guide(I can't post links but it from wiiDOTguide. ) and it says to use fat32 OR ntfs.

So now I am lost. I'm using a chroombook to get my files to usb(i've tried windows but it throws up an error about the file being to big.).

If you know a solution, PLEASE tell me. My discord tag is Yeti64#3116 if you want to contact that way. Have a good day!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Yes, u can use ntfs, but you shouldn't. Use wii backup manager to transfer games, if transferring to fat32 it will automatically split it into parts, and usbloaders will be able to load them in their split form just fine

Yeti64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, u can use ntfs, but you shouldn't. Use wii backup manager to transfer games, if transferring to fat32 it will automatically split it into parts, and usbloaders will be able to load them in their split form just fine
Ah, thank you for the answer. I just used it and it worked.

Reactions: jeannotte and XFlak
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName:
    Taco bell is Mexican foodz
    Gift
    Ran by white people
    Gift
    #BringBackMexicanPizza
    Gift
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    we sell mediterranean food at my joint but all the cooks are mexican
    Gift
  • Dark_Phoras @ Dark_Phoras:
    Maybe I haven't eaten proper spanish food yet, but I tried paella and tortilla and never again
    Gift
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    and awesome, masters of the culinary arts, they can make good stuff outta next to nothing, it's amazing
    Gift
    Crema catalana is a very tasty dessert, I dare say
    Gift
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    well i think southern desserts are very special, quite fond of banana puddin
    Gift
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    and chocolate eclair pie, and anniversary cake, shit makes you fat in minutes tho
    Gift
    Banana pudding looks good, it reminds me of tiramisu and bolo de bolacha
    Gift
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    tiramisu rocks
    Gift
    I'm out of ranch D:
    Gift
  • Gift
    Lol $300 for the win600 get fucked anbernic
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's not that bad.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Initial reviews of the prototype model say it's a decent gaming thingy.
    Gift
    Yeah but we all know what people will say
    Gift
    Spend the extra $100 for GabesDick
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Extra $100 and then an extra $200 for shipping and then wait a year to get it? Nah.
    Gift
    It's a decent price for over seaers I guess 250 woulda been better
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't know how much shipping costs these days, $200 seemed outragoues enough as it is.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But it's not unlikely that it's more nowadays.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Anyway, fuck all that, I'll wait for a cheap Qualcomm phone and then stick Windows 11 on it.
    Gift
    My s22+ should be here Wednesday 8 gen 1 looks like a beast
    Gift
    8+gen1 is aready thing lol
    Gift
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: 8+gen1 is aready thing lol