Is Wii64 usuable in any capacity yet?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by WalkerD, Oct 2, 2010.

Oct 2, 2010
  1. WalkerD
    OP

Member WalkerD GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    My previous experiences with Wii64 have ended in disappointment due to games either running slow or not running at all. However its been months since I tried it last, and I'd like to know if its made any progress.

2. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    In the last 2 builds of Wii64 the performance has increased dramatically. Most games are playable without sound and many are playable with sound too.
    I'm guessing you used the original Wii64 build (from when the HBC first came out) and that was quite bad. The Wii64 team increased the performance dramatically in the next built and then added another performance increase for the "Honey" build which makes Goldeneye run at a decent framerate without sound.

3. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    wait for the next release it'll be much better right now can't play anything decent without it messing up or being as slow as shit

4. redfalcon

Member redfalcon GBATemp Member

Germany
    Oh, well. For example Lylat Wars, Mario 64, Mario Kart, Wave Race are very much playable at full speed with no larger errors, beside some minor issues such as a faulty texture. A lot of the early "simplier" games should work quite good.
    The later, more sophisticated ones like Conkers BFD, Perfect Dark or Jet Force Gemini are either crashing or display just trash.

5. Coconuts 500

Newcomer Coconuts 500 Advanced Member

Actually, Jet Force Gemini (the best game on the system!) works rather well. But the sound is strange.

Castlevania 64 runs in slow motion. And the sound is strange.

Those are the only two games I've tried. [​IMG]

6. Bladexdsl

Australia
    like i said nothing decent mario and MK can get the wads for them and play them flawlessly [​IMG]

7. Nintendo_Chick

Member Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Even some of the pc emulators have trouble with rare games, so I wouldn't expect them to work on the wii any time soon

8. Bladexdsl

Australia
    banjo 1 almost works perfect it just slows down on the bigger levels and has a few texture glitches but it is working.

9. fartos32

Member fartos32 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I heard something about Wii64 bricking Wii's by frying the motherbaord or something. Is that still an issue? There's no way I'm using it if there is, theres only so many BootMii compatable Wii's out there and mine's one of them.

10. redfalcon

Member redfalcon GBATemp Member

Germany
    Oh, I thought you mean you can't get them to run decently [​IMG] nvm

11. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    first i have heard of it, worst i have had is the emu freezing on some heavy games like perfect dark

12. star247

Newcomer star247 Member

United States
    I know this isn't the right forum for this question but I'm going to try anyway...does anyone know if the latest version of Wii64 has a fix for analog sticks that are not working from 3rd party classic controllers? I've been following and asking in that forum and people have been trying I was just curious if anyone here might have an answer?

Wii ID = 0x0 and all other buttons work fine in other emulators but the analog sticks are not once I'm in HBC

13. kilomang

Newcomer kilomang Newbie

United States
    does anyone know if resident evil 2 is playable yet on wii 64 or psx for that matter? thx

14. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Resident Evil 2 can still have problems in PC n64 emus... I don't have RE2 for Wiisx so I can't test it, but I'd say it's much more likely to work in wiisx then wii64.

15. StupidGamer1

Member StupidGamer1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    wii64 has lots of work to be done on it if the team picks the emulator back up. Wiisx on the other hand is almost perfect. I am able to play games using the god-send classic controller. I hope wii64 gets the same kind of treatment but that alone could be very well unlikely.

16. kilomang

Newcomer kilomang Newbie

United States
    so are your able to get RE2 working on wiisx? also which classic controller are u using the classic or classic pro? thx