Votes: 26 78.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters

metaljay

Trophies
XP
Country
it comes down to money - the wii U is a great console and still good.
is the switch better - yes, can you get many ports of the AAA titles on switch - yes, can you do much more on a switch - yes.

is the wii u still good - yes

if you can afford it, get a switch that can be exploited - if you cant, buy a wii u and enjoy it (plus can be modded too!)

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes the wii is worth gettin just to hear the mii's and the menu music and leaving it on in the bg its beautiful and peaceful

Reactions: jeannotte

tglaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
This question is just so personal.

What games do you play?
What games do you want?
Is online important for you?
Is multiplayer important for you?

In the end, it's a game console.
It depends on the games you eant to play.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wii U plays pretty much all older Nintendo games via emulation and can run GameCube (Nintendont) and Wii (by default) natively in addition to Wii U games.

Although the much cheaper Wii boots faster, is easier and very brick resistant (if BootMii@boot2) which makes is better for experiments, the Wii U can do a little more.

My opinion: You get a lot for your money.

Have fun!

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the WiiU is a very solid historical console, in the fact that its capable of playing historically most nintendo games to that point, especially post homebrew.

It's capable of playing Wii games natively, gamecube games through homebrew at full speed. Some DS games via Eshop, other DS games by DS title injection(some with forced higher internal resolution)(same with GBA) and most older consoles via eshop title or emulation. The only thing it misses out on nintendo wise would be titles that require specific hardware and 3DS/Switch titles for obvious reasons.

I like to say that the more of nintendo's history you missed out on, the better value the WiiU is. For scale, the WiiU is virtually capable of playing all Legend of Zelda titles(NES to Breath of the Wild) except 3DS exclusive ones.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have a switch and I also use the Wii U emulator on my gaming laptop. If you are on a budget buy the Wii U a good 80% of the switch games are on the Wii U.

It's a bad time to buy a switch because of the price gouging....

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Of course. It has Mario Galaxy which hasn't been ported yet to the Switch. It also has Mario 3D World which I find better than Mario Oddyssey. There are many many other good points about the Wii U...

wizra

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you want a semi-portable GameCube? You can play nearly any GameCube game straight from game pad... don’t even need a tv or HDMI plugged in.

Foodchain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The WiiU had quite a few absolute must play titles there were exclusive to the platform. Over the last 3 years though, many of them have been ported to the Switch or PC. Now that isn't to say the WiiU has no good exclusives left, I think it still does, but that list has grown smaller over the years. I also don't think it's unreasonable to see ports of things like Pikmin 3, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Super Mario 3D World come to the switch at some point in the future. There are also a couple of things like Zombi U, Devil's Third, and Nintendoland that I'm more doubtful on getting a port, and may be WiiU exclusive for a long time.

I picked mine up a few years ago for $80 and still get use out of it. I just really love having a single machine with HDMI that is capable of playing most of the Nintendo back catalog with excellent compatibility. Only N64 and DS are kind of hit or miss, and even then, it's pretty decent. You need homebrew to unlock the full potential of the thing, but that's either free or at least very cheap if you opt for Haxchi.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont liked Wii U but for you.. if you are into Wii U games on your list then yes. I only liked a few so Cemu is fine for me. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Too bad, they already drank it.
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    Veho @ Veho: Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.