Is WII Action Replay Coming out Anytime Soon???

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by skipper, Apr 30, 2008.

Apr 30, 2008
  1. skipper
    OP

Newcomer skipper Member

seems it's been delay for a long time, or will there ever be one coming out?

2. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    I hope there never will be action replay that comes out the Wii actually. Wii has an online system, it'll just ruin the experience of online. Anyways, to be on topic. Would action replay even last though..? 'cause Wiis can go through a system update. I'm not sure if that can stop action replay.

3. g4jek8j54

Member g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you have a USB Gecko, there is a cheat device being made, that supports some of the games. You need to boot it through the Twilight Hack. As for an Action Replay, unless they find another exploit other than the "trucha exploit", I doubt that you will see a Wii Action Replay.

4. ChaosBoi

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    Even if an AR does come out for the Wii, I really hope there's no codes that'll work through wifi. The DS has already suffered enough from that [​IMG] .

5. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    QFT

6. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    I doubt there will be a Wii AR, for one thing, as far as I know, Datel have always used hacks to get the software to run, did you notice there wasn't a DS AR until the hackers got homebrew running on it, I can say with almost 100% certainty that Nintendo would never ever allow them to do it officially. In fact I think Nintendo even tried to sue them for it once (gameboy?). So unless they find a permanent (un fixable exploit to allow the AR disk to boot, then no.

7. 1337Nemo

Member 1337Nemo GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I hope they make one since the "online system" the wii has to offer isnt really worth being used.

8. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    Thanks to encryption, it is unlikely that an AR will come out for any system from this point forward, and all cheats will be from homebrew efforts.

9. mikagami

Member mikagami GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't think a homebrew cheat device is that far off. In fact, isn't there one already with Twilight Hack..?

Just look at the PSP scene. There is no retail Action Replay other than a "Power Saves" type deal, yet there are several homebrew applications with large databases of codes. (CWCheat, NitePR, CheatMaster)

10. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    Exactly. You can't mass produce a cheat device anymore, as they all rely on some sort of exploit - they don't need to be encrypted or signer that way.

An exception to the rule is the ARDS, as the cart encryption has been cracked.

11. opiumx

Newcomer opiumx Member

United States
    Action replay is dead unless they make it to where it wont work when you are playing online. Kinda sad really, cause it was fun. Not to mention great for getting past those extra hard parts of a game. I guess its better online gaming kills the action replay rather than the action replay kills online gaming.

12. shark2003

Newcomer shark2003 Advanced Member

United States
    I have a USB Gecko and it is better than an AR...although you have to make your own codes or wait for people to make them,but still...I have been using mine and you can turn the codes off at anytime if you need to in which you cant do with an AR,you can upload cheat codes on the fly also..which again you cant do with an AR and the price tag isnt much more than what an AR would cost...I was also hoping to see an AR soon,but now I have the USB Gecko with the new Cheat engine feature I could care less if an AR ever comes out..this thing is definitley worth the money....