Hacking Hardware Misc Is Wayayeo Safe/Legit

Ravenhide23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being that he has so many google reviews (a lot of them being fairly recent) I think he is pretty legit and I'm going to use him.
As an update, I just now got a text message from Wayayeo stating that my OLED was shipping out today (Thursday), and they sent me a picture showing the box and its shipping label. I used the tracking number on that label to confirm that yes UPS is awaiting delivery of the package, so here's to hoping that the service is actually legit.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Modder_Boi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As an update, I just now got a text message from Wayayeo stating that my OLED was shipping out today (Thursday), and they sent me a picture showing the box and its shipping label. I used the tracking number on that label to confirm that yes UPS is awaiting delivery of the package, so here's to hoping that the service is actually legit.
I sure hope so.

CodyNC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent mine to Wayayeo last week, it got there Monday. I had messed up the CMS capacaitor about half way through the OLED install and didn’t want to attempt to fix it and continue. On Wednesday he said he successfully repaired and installed the chip and sent me a picture of the box with tracking on it. The next day (thursday/yesterday) my tracking is updated and shows UPS has it. Lets hope for the best

Ravenhide23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sure hope so.
Sorry for late reply, work had me busy.

Got my Switch back from Wayayeo on Saturday. Best I can tell, they performed the installation perfectly. Booted right up into Hekate, got my SD card all set up, and now I can run whatever CFW I feel like. Took a little over a week for me to ship it out, perform the install, and get it shipped back.

Modder_Boi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for late reply, work had me busy.

Got my Switch back from Wayayeo on Saturday. Best I can tell, they performed the installation perfectly. Booted right up into Hekate, got my SD card all set up, and now I can run whatever CFW I feel like. Took a little over a week for me to ship it out, perform the install, and get it shipped back.
Thank you! I will definitely be using them.

NutNug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up buying their service myself on the 22nd and shipped the same day. USPS tracking number said my OLED had been delivered Friday, and it is now Tuesday. I'll give the place until tomorrow to either send me the email that my OLED is on the way back, or I'll reach out to them myself for an update. Website claims that current repairs will take 1-2 days, and even if they couldn't get to my order on Monday or today due to a small backlog or whatever I seriously don't think it would take more than a week to do the modification. I suppose it would be my luck though that I just end up out an OLED and the chip I bought.
Did you ever hear anything back??

Cylent1

Community Smart Ass!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

red_smoke_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking into mod-chipping my switch for a long time and I have settled on a chip that I like, but I was wondering what are some legit services to install it. I am nowhere near skilled enough to micro-solder and I really don't want to brick/damage my switch. I looked at Wayayeo and it seems pretty legit, but I was wondering if anyone has used it and can verify. Also, are there any other services that I should/could use instead? I don't have a lot of money to spend, so it would have to be $150 to $170 at max. I have checked with several local stores near me and none of them are willing to install a chip.

Any and all help and info is appreciated.
They are legit I just got my OLED back from Picofly installation!

m_lance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up buying their service myself on the 22nd and shipped the same day. USPS tracking number said my OLED had been delivered Friday, and it is now Tuesday. I'll give the place until tomorrow to either send me the email that my OLED is on the way back, or I'll reach out to them myself for an update. Website claims that current repairs will take 1-2 days, and even if they couldn't get to my order on Monday or today due to a small backlog or whatever I seriously don't think it would take more than a week to do the modification. I suppose it would be my luck though that I just end up out an OLED and the chip I bought.
What ended up happing,?? Im thinking of using this site.

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So what happened?
Post automatically merged:

So I'm assuming this guy got ripped off and is too embarrassed to respond....

Last edited by Pyrate02,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi