Hacking Is vWii modding required to load Wii titles from NUS?

NoobletCheese

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, noob question here! Have read the stickies but can't seem to find a definitive answer to this:

Hypothetically speaking, if one were to download a Wii title such as, say, Mario Galaxy from the NUS, using something like, say, Funkii-UI, would that require vWii modding as well?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by NoobletCheese,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello, noob question here! Have read the stickies but can't seem to find a definitive answer to this:

Hypothetically speaking, if one were to download a Wii title such as, say, Mario Galaxy from the NUS, using something like, say, Funkii-UI, would that require vWii modding as well?

Thanks in advance!
It doesn't boot standard vWii but (as far as I know) has a bootloader in the Wii VC itself that can be patched to disable signature checks without modding vWii. I believe this is how Wii VC injects work.
For unmodified Wii VC it doesn't matter as the signatures are still intact (only the Wii U ticket is invalid but that's patched by CFW)

NoobletCheese

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I guess my mistake was that I didn't realise that Wii games downloaded from NUS are actually loaded as Virtual Console games, not Virtual Wii games. In that case I would have realised from the Community Noob Guide that:

• WUP Installer Method (formally known as "The Brazilian Method"): Games can be played from the Wii U main menu. Allows for online play. Games can be installed on either internal memory or USB. Free DLC is NOT available with this method on unpatched sysNAND but DLC that you've paid for works just fine. VC games are NOT installable with this method unless you use a CFW with sigpatches (CBHC, Haxchi, or redNAND)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: