Gaming Is VVVVVV worth £7.20?

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, VVVVVV finally hits EU this week. It's priced a bit higher than most other 3DS Download Software, £7.20 compared to the usual £5.40. Normally, I'd object to £5.40 for many games (like Mighty Switch Farce, which is on par with most iOS games priced at £0.69-£1.49).

What do you guys think?

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's worth it dude. The normal game mode is quite short, however it comes with tons of extra levels and is just such an awesome game all around, gameplay, graphics, and music wise. The story lines for some of the levels are pretty cool too. Highly recommended!!

Tekken179

Trophies
XP
Country
I've seen the hype with this in other parts of the world, 7.20 seems a bit steep to me, I'll wait until pay-day when i have some extra money lying around.

RedJiggly

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, sad sad sad Nintendo... you're doing it again. I'd say that VVVVVV is worth 7.99 Dollars, what you pay for it on the American 3ds. But 7.20 Pounds...that would be about 11.5 Dollars! It's a great game indeed, but I think I agree with Fudge, that buying the PC version(wich is considerably cheaper) might be more worth it.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, sad sad sad Nintendo... you're doing it again. I'd say that VVVVVV is worth 7.99 Dollars, what you pay for it on the American 3ds. But 7.20 Pounds...that would be about 11.5 Dollars! It's a great game indeed, but I think I agree with Fudge, that buying the PC version(wich is considerably cheaper) might be more worth it.
I said buy the 3DS version! ;)

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I highly recommend you of buying this game.

For me the best games on e-shop, that share #1 ranking are:

Pushmo
VVVVVV

The game is short but have tons of extra levels, making it pretty big and almost endless.
It's quite hard, a bit psychodelic, with simple retro-graphics, but worth every cent.
It's like Fudge said.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hell no, don't support this trend of insane pricing. "Buy" it on PC instead.
That's what I'm thinking. 3D visuals or not, I don't really want to support the high prices of eShop games and £3.99 on PC seems more reasonable. I didn't think about the PC version because I use Linux, but it appears that's not a problem.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo? Uh, wouldn't this be the studio's doing? Nintendo is just publishing it.

Also, no, don't get it. For the price and type of game it is, it's not worth it. I don't know why it's asking for so much when Colors! 3D is cheaper and more fun. Hell, I even hated the game on PC. The only reason why I got it was because of the indie bundle I think, that or it was the steam Xmas sale.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't see how nintendo is getting away with some of the prices that they are putting up on their virtual store. You really shouldn't buy this game for anything over 2 or 3 GBP (don't have the symbol on my "damn american" keyboard)

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo? Uh, wouldn't this be the studio's doing? Nintendo is just publishing it.
Well, it looks like publishers can choose specific price points set by Nintendo. Just like Apple's price points (£0.69, £0.99, £1.49, etc), except I imagine Nintendo's share of the revenue will be considerably higher.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, it looks like publishers can choose specific price points set by Nintendo. Just like Apple's price points (£0.69, £0.99, £1.49, etc), except I imagine Nintendo's share of the revenue will be considerably higher.
Several good games are cheap like 2€ or 3€, the most expensive game I bought on the eShop was Dillon's (cost 10€ on the eShop), and I don't really complain about those prices, I could get some of the games for android or ios cheaper sure, but I prefer to have them on my 3DS which is an actual gaming device with buttons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay