Gaming Is Vita at least greater or equal to PSP for PSP titles?

TheWolfLord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strictly for psp games.

Which console is better for those games that are compatible with both systems?

I'm curious if there is potentially something lost when using the VITA for a psp game.

Like, despite the better screen, perhaps the psp games weren't built with that in mind so it actually looks slightly inferior or something to that effect similar to Nintendo's line of handhelds.

Edit: Additionally, perhaps the OLED screen would look worse for psp games designed for a lcd?
Thanks.

Last edited by TheWolfLord,

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I played PSP games on PSP until I jailbroke my vita. No compatibility issues so far. Colors are better, as well as display overall, but AA could have been better. YOu can disable it tho, if you okay with pixels.

TheWolfLord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played PSP games on PSP until I jailbroke my vita. No compatibility issues so far. Colors are better, as well as display overall, but AA could have been better. YOu can disable it tho, if you okay with pixels.
I made a last minute edit about whether the OLED would provide better results or not since PSP games were designed around a different type of screen. Any thoughts?

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I made a last minute edit about whether the OLED would provide better results or not since PSP games were designed around a different type of screen. Any thoughts?
Vita's display is superb, only problem is that sony slacked off on emulation. If vita could set psp's games 2x of it's native resolution it would be just perfect. But instead it's just billeniear filtering (several kinds of them if you jailbroken) or no filters at all. So it's either a bit sharpened imaged (you can see pixels), or a bit blured image.
If you can deal with one of those two options, its a good way to play PSP games. Otherwise vita is as good or better, than real PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.