Hacking DEAD IS VERSION 3.0.0 FIRMWARES USELES NOW????

is 3.0.0 useless now?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Ethan34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
hello,
this morning as i was browsing the net of consoles hacking as one usually does i spot this nice title of news: "the team xecutor has the b9s for switch".
This means that the switch is completely hacked and no possibilities for patching. That is very good.
BUT.
I WAITED 6 MONTHS AND LEFT MY SWITCH IN A COVER OF DUSTS AND THOUGHT 3.0.0 WAS TH EFIRMWARE FOR ROMZ AND DID NOT PLAY THE MARIO ODYSSEYS AND SPLATOONS2 FOR NOTHING??? please tell me thats not true :cry::cry::cry::cry:
thank for answer and please don't say no
i would probable die
mr. Ethan34

Ethan34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
Why cry now? Many people waited and you still can play the games which you mentioned....
i can't... mario odyssey is 3.0.1 and splatoon is only good for online lol... and on switch the latest firmwares is required to go online (unlike the 3ds when it was just released and for lots of years after it was released)

Ethan34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
Please stop these threads and use the search function. Thank you.
what do you mean??? i the news was released yesterdays and there's literally no info about whether if the 3.0.0 is still useful for exploits or not with this. and the search function doesn't even work when i search for "3.0.0"

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Just wait, don't jump to conclusions yet. You can cry when something is released that actually makes 3.0.0 useless.
Which is not that far away considering snes emulator, doom an retroarch are already working.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Which is not that far away considering snes emulator, doom an retroarch are already working.
But for last month, everyone is asking if "firmware xyz will get hacked. Is it worth waiting. I updated, Did someone updated" and so on.
We don't know anything about their "switch hacks" yet. Only that they managed to get the universal key.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How old are you? Yes... the 3.0.0 firmware is still the only working option we (not just the hacking scene but also the users) have to do homebrew.
So no it was not in vain.

Reactions: Ep8Script

Ethan34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
Just wait, don't jump to conclusions yet. You can cry when something is released that actually makes 3.0.0 useless.
ok, i will do that, thank you kind sir
Only that they managed to get the universal key.
yeah this is what i mean; if we have the universal key, doesnt that mean we can use the key do make our own bootloaders that the bootroms would load without the requirement of firmares? and even remove the fuses completely?
How old are you? Yes... the 3.0.0 firmware is still the only working option we (not just the hacking scene but also the users) have to do homebrew.
So no it was not in vain.
i am 24
but if we have the custom bootloaders and firmware then why would we need homebrew launcheer as could be installed directly into the home menu? like little pointless wouldnt you agree?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
ok, i will do that, thank you kind sir

yeah this is what i mean; if we have the universal key, doesnt that mean we can use the key do make our own bootloaders that the bootroms would load without the requirement of firmares? and even remove the fuses completely?

i am 24
but if we have the custom bootloaders and firmware then why would we need homebrew launcheer as could be installed directly into the home menu? like little pointless wouldnt you agree?
But that still does not mean that 3.0.0 is dead. 3.0.0 is the only firmware with "proper" homebrew support right now (Switchbrew is working on HBL). SciresM is working on 1.0.0 (because he wants PKHex :D ). Team Xecuter is probably working on HW glitching that you would put into your switch. But that is still going to take some time.
Because of patches on 3.0.1 and higher, it might take some serious time to make HB possible on that. So 3.0.0 is not dead at all (for homebrew).
But don't quote me on this.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

lebrawurschd

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
even if 3.0.0 gets useless who cares.
We just have pegaswitch atm some small homebrews and a retroarch port

Getting homebrew on higher firmwares is always most likely a matter of time so stop crying about that.

Nobody knows what that new thing will bring and how it works maybe we need to open the switch and solder stuff or it will be just a flashcard who knows yet they just announced something.

Just to mention I bought 2 1.0.0 consoles at release for hacking purpose one if them is still on 1.0.0 and the other one is always up to date

Ethan34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
But that still does not mean that 3.0.0 is dead. 3.0.0 is the only firmware with "proper" homebrew support right now (Switchbrew is working on HBL). SciresM is working on 1.0.0 (because he wants PKHex :D ). Team Xecuter is probably working on HW glitching that you would put to your switch. But that is still going to take some time.
Because of patches on 3.0.1 and higher, it might take some serious time to make HB possible on that. So 3.0.0 is not dead at all (for homebrew). (but don't quote me on this)
nice...
but why pkhex on 1.0? i was thinking the 3.0.0 had all access we need for homebrew and we can dump saves with homebrew on 3ds
oh how did you get white switch?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
nice...
but why pkhex on 1.0? i was thinking the 3.0.0 had all access we need for homebrew and we can dump saves with homebrew on 3ds
oh how did you get white switch?
because 1.0.0 is "emuNAND/CFW compatible" :D
(emunand/CFW confirmed)
Just look at it (its a link). I just bought a shell and replaced everything.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
i can't... mario odyssey is 3.0.1 and splatoon is only good for online lol... and on switch the latest firmwares is required to go online (unlike the 3ds when it was just released and for lots of years after it was released)
Than just update your console...

Ethan34

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
Than just update your console...
but i want the romz and homebrews like on 3ds... because 3ds is such epic with the custom themes :(
(emunand/CFW confirmed)
Just look at it (its a link). I just bought a shell and replaced everything.
is still possible to find a 1.0.0 switch somewhere? now i regret even updating mine from 1.0.0 :(
and nice, will give a look for the white, thank sir :D

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
but i want the romz and homebrews like on 3ds... because 3ds is such epic with the custom themes :(

is still possible to find a 1.0.0 switch somewhere? now i regret even updating mine from 1.0.0 :(
and nice, will give a look for the white, thank sir :D
Well, good luck with that. Everyone on reswitched discord is trying to get one. I don't think it is hard, but it is not easy too. Just look at ebay listings and PM seller for S/N.

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
hello,
this morning as i was browsing the net of consoles hacking as one usually does i spot this nice title of news: "the team xecutor has the b9s for switch".
This means that the switch is completely hacked and no possibilities for patching. That is very good.
BUT.
I WAITED 6 MONTHS AND LEFT MY SWITCH IN A COVER OF DUSTS AND THOUGHT 3.0.0 WAS TH EFIRMWARE FOR ROMZ AND DID NOT PLAY THE MARIO ODYSSEYS AND SPLATOONS2 FOR NOTHING??? please tell me thats not true :cry::cry::cry::cry:
thank for answer and please don't say no
i would probable die
mr. Ethan34
Before you died - you can send me teh switch.

Foupen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
(emunand/CFW confirmed)
ust look at it (its a link). I just bought a shell and replaced everything.

But plutoo told us to stay specifically on 3.0... and suddenly CFW will be only possible on 1.0?
Did he troll us? God damn it.

screencap.png

Reactions: Ethan34

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
But plutoo told us to stay specifically on 3.0... and suddenly CFW will be only possible on 1.0?
Did he troll us? God damn it.

View attachment 110035
Because they are strictly against warez. (which is possible only with kernel access, which is possible for now only on 1.0.0)
The word now is quite important.

Reactions: BvanBart

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...