Is Valve making a Megas XLR game?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Gahars, Dec 5, 2012.

Dec 5, 2012
  1. Gahars
    OP

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    [​IMG]

Megas XLR was a cult hit from Cartoon Network, a spoof of the giant-mech genre featuring two losers from New Jersey battling aliens with their futuristic robot. It had laughs, it had action, it had Bruce Campbell, but unfortunately, it didn't have much of an audience. It was cancelled after only 2 seasons.

Valve... needs no introduction. Seriously, you're on a gaming forum, you should know this by now.

Put the two together and what do you get? Well, we may find out soon enough.

[​IMG] Game Podunk

A photo was released of Prynoski and Valve boss Gabe Newell was released as well:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Now, there's no saying that anything will come of this at all. There's been a fair share of rumors surrounding Valve and its projects, after all, so you might want to take this with a grain of salt.

A man can dream, though!

So, I dig giant robots, and I'll go ahead and assume you dig giant robots. Let's just hope Valve digs giant robots as well.

2. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    "Half Life 3? Naahhh man fuck dat shit dawg we gonna make a megas xlr game yo!"

triassic911 likes this.
  3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Given I have not played a mech game in some time and many of the cartoon network games seem to do OK (also Valve) I would be curious to see this.

As for the show I only saw a handful but really liked them, that said I do occasionally find little visual/in jokes amusing and it had several good ones (cartoon network seem to have several that were great at it too).

4. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    We've got some shit to fuck up.

Gahars likes this.
  5. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    They probably just licensed some Valve characters (most likely from TF2) to use in their games. So in other words, most likely not very related to Valve at all other than the fact that their characters are used.

6. chartube12

Member chartube12 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Not much of a...Are they serious? It had marathons and had decent ratings in a time where CN was struggling with money problems.

7. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States

Kind of confused. Why no Motorcity as a game?

8. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Wow, they're really daisy chaining their franchises together.

9. Gahars
    OP

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Marathons don't necessarily mean successful. Often a network will run marathons of a show to try and compensate for the production costs before shelving it entirely, especially if they have nothing else to fit into the timeslot.

Also, every source I've read has pointed to the show's poor ratings as the main cause of its demise; it had a niche audience that loved it, but struggled to make a foothold elsewhere. Cartoon Network's money troubles may not have helped, but let's not pretend that was the only problem here.

10. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    I think I just came in my pants. I watched the series with an almost religious like dogma when it first aired. I'm going to have to become a valve fanboy just for this game. Be prepared GBAtemp, giant robots are coming, and chicks dig giant robots.

11. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    gundam be afraid, be very afraid