Is USPS Express Postage Refund on the Buyer or the Seller?

lamentofking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I paid for an item with usps express 1-day delivery by 12pm for today(May 21). I paid for this yesterday (May 20) and the drop-off time to make the delivery commitment was 5:10 PM. It was in acceptance at around 1:23 PM yesterday . I went to pick up my package from the rental office at about 1:45 Pm today and the receptionist said it arrived about 2 minutes ago. Tracking info still doesn't say delivered. Now as far as refunds go is it on they buyer to request the postage refund or the seller? I paid the seller directly for the item plus postage but I'm sure that the seller probably paid for the shipping themselves because they charged me like $40 instead of the online price (which is cheaper).

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I'm not sure what you are asking, but it seemed like the seller overcharged you. USPS has nothing to do with it, you should get refunded the difference from the seller

lamentofking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you are asking, but it seemed like the seller overcharged you. USPS has nothing to do with it, you should get refunded the difference from the seller
Well it cost $40.50 from zip code 63303 to zip code 23508. So they didn't overcharge me. But even if they did and I got the difference refunded I still need the postage refunded because USPS didn't deliver by a guaranteed deadline.

lamentofking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The shipper has to fill out a form to request for refund for items that weren't delivered on a guaranteed deadline.
Okay. I paid the seller through Paypal for the item. If for whatever reason the seller doesn't want to comply (I emailed them on Thursday and they haven't responded yet), can I file a claim through Paypal about it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over