Gaming Is using a GBA:SP Battery in a Nintendo DS feasible? Are there any good brands?

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My DS isn't holding a charge, and it's battery is bulging, I need to replace it. issue is. NOBODY seems to have replacement NTR-003 batteries anymore, neither official nor 3rd party. I also know that DS Lite and DSi batteries won't work in an original DS.

I remember reading that if you cut off the plastic pegs on a GBA:SP battery, it will work in a DS. Is that feasible to do? Especially since the GBA's battery was 600mAh while the DS's was 850mAh, giving me even lower runtime on a charge? Will the lack of tabs if I cut them off make the battery loose or prone to disconnecting and thus shutting off my system or shorting?

And if all that is feasible.... the other issue is that there are tons of people peddling their own brands, nearly all of them that look like Chinese/Hong Kong trash that I really do NOT want to risk blowing up in my face..... possibly literally. Are there any brands or places to purchase that one can recommend?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Welp I'm off to best buy because I figured out how to shove another 14tb hard drive in this server 😂