Hacking Is USB 2.0 Integrated Into The USB Loaders?

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If not, will installing usb 2.0 make the usb loader load games faster or no? I was hoping that it wasn't and that if i installed usb 2.0 that it would make my wii games load even faster than they already load on the usb loader.

jam3972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first of all, I assure you that you have no clue what you're talking about.

the wii has usb 2.0 already, you can't "install" it

the usb loaders utilize 2.0 already. usb 1.0 would be slower than the dvd drive.

since you already are noticing speed increases you can be certain usb 2.0 is in use.

basically the answer is "yes" usb 2.0 is in use in the loader already.

Joesalad21

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
jam3972 said:

Thats completely false. The Wii does not come stock with USB 2.0, you do have to install it...

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

................................................................................
Thats completely false. The Wii does not come stock with USB 2.0, you do have to install it...

Thats also false! The wii doesn't actually support usb2 as all, its faster than 1.1 but its not true 2.0

paul

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably yes, because the default Wii usb is slow, homebrew media players could not even play a video at normal speed through a usb due to the speed limit, and the usb loader plays Wii games much faster than the disk, so the answer is probably yes, it makes sense

anyone knows for sure!?

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The USB ports on the Wii is hardwared to 2.0, but software-wise USB ports of the Wii is coded to 1.1. (i.e. Nintendo gimped it on purpose.)

The cIOS you guys installed before running the USB Loader allows for true 2.0 to be "unlocked".

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lenitao said:
probably yes, because the default Wii usb is slow, homebrew media players could not even play a video at normal speed through a usb due to the speed limit, and the usb loader plays Wii games much faster than the disk, so the answer is probably yes, it makes sense

anyone knows for sure!?
vouch this

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Anorhc said:
The USB ports on the Wii is hardwared to 2.0, but software-wise USB ports of the Wii is coded to 1.1. (i.e. Nintendo gimped it on purpose.)

The cIOS you guys installed before running the USB Loader allows for true 2.0 to be "unlocked".
That's more or less as I understand it as well. The hardware was capable of it, the IOS needed a driver to use it, which the default IOS does not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol