Is updating to EmuNAND 9.X.X safe now?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Scorchy, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Scorchy
    OP

Scorchy Wanderer

Jul 4, 2014
    Canada
    Termina
    Hello, i'm on GW 4.1 Firmware, and i'm about to make the update for GW 9.X.X, just to be sure, is it safe? Have anyone encountered any problem doing this update? Because 2.4 is still in Beta, so i don't want to get messed up. Should i wait for final release or is it working now?

2. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pok├ębro

May 8, 2010
    United States
  3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    the only people who had problems where people who would of had problems anyway as they messed up, as long as you follow the guides and dont try to improvise you will be fine

4. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    there have been reports of failed updates and partial sysNAND updates, because the update download failed, but still was partially installed and then messed things up... so if you get an unstable internet connection, you might consider letting it download the update in sleep mode on your emuNAND and then, when the message to update pops up in your emuNAND, you ofc decline, go to settings and then install from settings
    also, having a 4.x NAND backup should be mandatory for everyone considering to update or change anything on his gateway 3DS, so make sure, you got one

edit:
    well there have been a few people, who had a working emuNAND set up and still had this trouble, so better be safe than sorry... I'd still suggest, he lets the 3DS download the full update first instead of finding out later, that his connection is bad :P

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    pretty sure the people who though they had partially updated where just panicing thinking that that was the case as stuff downloaded in emunand show up on sysnand....i havent seen anyone actually end up with a partially updated sysnand from updating emunand, as long as emunand is set up the worst that will happen is a partially updated emunand, at which point you can either try updating again and hope it completes or reformat emunand again and start fresh this time following what GorTesK said about leaving the 3DS is sleep mode for the update to pre-download ready to install via system settings in emunand

6. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    You better do it soon before 9.1 is released (it already is in japan) otherwise you will have to wait until gateway cracks the next encryption.

7. Seraphiel

Seraphiel GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2014
    Iceland
    Japanese 9.1 is same as E/U 9.0 so there might not even be a 9.1 on the western side...unless there will be a need for a FW update on Nintendo's side but then the japan will get 9.2 probably.

8. Purple_Shyguy

Purple_Shyguy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 8, 2008
    Republic of Ireland
    Yes. Grab some themes brah

Scorchy likes this.
  9. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    +1 to this. Dat checker board theme is trippy as with 3D slider on max.

10. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    It would still work if the 3DS was updated to 9.1, that's fine no problems at all, its the next step up from that, that causes problems that we all need to worry about, 9x to 10x and so on :)

11. Ryanrocks462

Ryanrocks462 Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate

Banned
    Jun 18, 2014
    United States
    California
    yup ^_^ Today we are proud to present Gateway firmware OMEGA 2.4b!
    As promised we bring support for 9.x emunand so everyone can enjoy the new themes feature!
    As always, ENJOY!

12. Scorchy
    OP

Scorchy Wanderer

Jul 4, 2014
    Canada
    Termina
    Thanks, so i'm literally gonna update now, i'm gonna boot GW 4.1 and update it from settings :lol:

13. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Just update through emunand's System Settings and you'll be fine.

Ryanrocks462 likes this.
  14. Scorchy
    OP

Scorchy Wanderer

Jul 4, 2014
    Canada
    Termina
    Did that, everything went smooth, i'm on GW 9.0.0 now :yaysp: , i've even locked sysNAND wifi settings with parental lock to be sure to not update. ;)

15. piratesephiroth

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    remember to add dummy wifi settings to sysnand, otherwise emunands settings might be copied over in the future

16. Scorchy
    OP

Scorchy Wanderer

Jul 4, 2014
    Canada
    Termina
    I've deleted the wifi settings after entering them on emuNAND and anyway, the parental lock with prevent me from adding new wifi

17. Scorchy
    OP

Scorchy Wanderer

Jul 4, 2014
    Canada
    Termina
    I just wish i woul'nt have accepted TaS on sysNAND, it would be safer

18. piratesephiroth

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Well, the emunand wifi setting get copied over automatically sometimes if sysnand settings are blank. I don't know if parental lock can stop that

19. Scorchy
    OP

Scorchy Wanderer

Jul 4, 2014
    Canada
    Termina
    It works for me, so i guess it is

20. justinkb

justinkb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2012
    Netherlands
    I just did this. Works fine as of 3 hours ago at least!