Gaming Is updating from 2.1 required to download Zelda DLC?

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is there a way to stay on 2.1 and still download the Zelda DLC from eshop or whatever?

Before people say its "ok" to update, I dont want to update. I rather not play DLC if I cant get it.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Is there a way to stay on 2.1 and still download the Zelda DLC from eshop or whatever?

Before people say its "ok" to update, I dont want to update. I rather not play DLC if I cant get it.
Try restarting your console then entering eShop as soon as it boots.

ItsTheWolf

Splatoon 2 Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

It's "ok" to update :D

No, really, FW 3.0.0 has a bunch of new features, and it's confirmed to be hackable if you're into that stuff, so there's really no reason to not update.

And to answer your question, No, Zelda DLC just needs the game to be updated, not the firmware. Just go to eShop immediately after restarting to buy the DLC, and the game will automatically download the DLC when it's available just like the updates (I guess). If you get update firmware nag when you want to play the game, restart your Switch and put it in offline mode.

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
they have been doing this since the wii. if you want to access the shop you always need to be on latest FW.
Until recently, that wasn't the case with the Switch. I thought it might be indicative of a deliberate new mentality they were having about the eShop and possibly their unending, gossamer battle against the evil piracy *shakes fist*, but then they changed their eShop access policy back. I wonder if allowing access on lower FWs was unintentional to begin with.

Last edited by Meteor7,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head