Homebrew Is tubehax finally patched away?

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Damn, TubeHax was the easiest for me to setup without having to clear my fucking browser cache all the time... I don't have OoT or Cubic Ninja, and from what I hear, Smash Hax is a bitch to setup and use. I'm on a 2DS (O3DS without 4.5 support, I guess you could say), so my "hax" are limited.

I think you can setup ThemeHax, then.

Reactions: Jayro

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well they have patched two hax over the last two days so I don't think it's wrong to expect more over the next few days plus as reported in another thread the 3ds is getting a huge system update next week as well
theyve been patching hacks longer then that.
mset was patched after 5.x,
cubic ninja was pulled from eshop after the first hbb release,
the original web/cubic ninja exploits were patched around 9.5,
ironfall was pulled after iron hacks released,

its just how the business works. i'm sure a large part of this secure login system and updates are for the purposes of combating homebrew. But it's really just another step in the company/hacker tug of war. every scene has been through it.

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
Tubehax may be gone, but the DNS server setup for it still has its uses if you want to dodge firmware updates. Browserhax is better than Tubehax anyways imo. Once Browserhax came out I never touched Tubehax again.

Last edited by kiwiis,

robot56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how exactly they're "forcing" the update? Surely spoofing (or blocking, even) whatever server is enforcing an update should work, no?

I'm not at home to check this out, but I definitely will look into this when I have the time.

Alex3dss

Unmotivated and depressed
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wait do you still get a notification of updating Youtube, while your dns is still on???
If tubehax got patched then there is one option left!!!
Use browserhax, then install themehax/homemenuhax.
Themehax is limited but usefull.
Do NOT update to 10.0 or 10.1 (I did D: )
But anyhow never update Youtube or any other thing.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@WeedZ1985 I'm fully aware of how as you put it the game works all I was saying is that Nintendo will probably be patching more hax over the next few days. I wasn't moaning or bitching about it lol @Alex3dss even with dns on when you try to load YouTube you immediately get a message that says something like to continue to use YouTube you must update the app or something along those lines.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Alex3dss

Unmotivated and depressed
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@WeedZ1985 I'm fully aware of how as you put it the game works all I was saying is that Nintendo will probably be patching more hax over the next few days. I wasn't moaning or bitching about it lol @Alex3dss even with dns on when you try to load YouTube you immediately get a message that says something like to continue to use YouTube you must update the app or something along those lines.
A fuck that sucks.
Fuck you nintendo

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can update to 10.1, lol. It's doing this on any firmware with YouTube installed.

Reactions: AmandaRose

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait do you still get a notification of updating Youtube, while your dns is still on???
If tubehax got patched then there is one option left!!!
Use browserhax, then install themehax/homemenuhax.
Themehax is limited but usefull.
Do NOT update to 10.0 or 10.1 (I did D: )
But anyhow never update Youtube or any other thing.
Sorry I meant to reply to you.
You can update to 10.1, lol. It's doing this on any firmware with YouTube installed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Pleb I'm lost what are you getting at lol I'm already on 10.1 but never mentioned that anywhere in my posts so far in this thread
Yeah, didn't mean to quote you. Lol.

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@teampleb do you think Nintendo could block the use of the Web browser the same way the have with YouTube IE even using dns to block updates. Interested to find out even though it does not effect me as I use themehax
No, it's a web browser. You can go on any site you want. That can only be fixed with a system update.

D

Deleted User

That sucks.. I am on 10.1 (had to update on first start) and don't have CubicNinja :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.