is this xbox 360 hackable????

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Dominator211, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Dominator211
    OP

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    New York
    hey I was looking at my 360 today and I want to mod it id prefer not to open it up and solder something down to it since I have no soldering skills I want to soft mod it. I've done this to various Nintendo consoles in the past EX Wii, Wii u and 3ds but never to a Microsoft or Sony console so I was wondering is my 360 hackable. I know there is a guide but I doesn't make any sense and it never mentions anything about the Xbox 360 E nor my MFR date (not gonna give it out because I don't exactly know what it is) so does anyone know where I should start...

2. Dominator211
    OP

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    New York
  3. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Xbox 360E & 16D5S, sorry, there's no way you are getting around soldering.

You can either RGH it (requires soldering and extra hardware) & keep it that way at the cost of live access, or you can temporarily RGH it, extract the dvd key and then buy an Xk3y and use that.

Either way, you are soldering.

That's also assuming you don't have a winchester motherboard, if you do, you're screwed.

4. NoSoul81

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Fan

May 30, 2016
    United States
    There's no soft mod for Xbox 360. The only options are flashing it which lets you play burned retail discs or rgh/jtagging it which allows the use of external hard drives. Either way requires soldering. Your best bet is find someone locally or someone you trust online that will charge a reasonable rate to do the one you want.

5. Dominator211
    OP

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    New York
    ehhh crap

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

is there anyway i can run my legally bought games off the hard drive i have 250gb hard drive and its just bung of emtpy gb

6. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    You can install them to the hdd using the option the console has, you'll still need the disc to launch them. If you mean install them so you don't need the disc anymore, then no.

7. Dominator211
    OP

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    New York
    ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im not even pirateing stuff and its hard