Hacking Is this website still good for switch hacks?

• Thread starter Deleted-401606
  • Start date
  • Views 4,872
  • Replies 40
D

Deleted-401606

OP
Doesn't seem to be too bad, what cfw do you plan to install?
Atmosphere

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's up to date but currently has no info about how to setup emunand.
Is there a different guide you would recommend? I don't want to mess anything up and would rather follow a guide that has step by step instructions like in the ARM9Hax for the 3ds where you had to follow 2 hours of steps.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere

Is there a different guide you would recommend? I don't want to mess anything up and would rather follow a guide that has step by step instructions like in the ARM9Hax for the 3ds where you had to follow 2 hours of steps.
This guide is fine if your plan is to use Atmosphere.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so for switch it is emuMMC cause the switch doesnt have a nand chip and second its for people who wanna do homebrew and play online so u can use MMC for homebrew and a clean emuMMC for online as example

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on 4.0.1
Then there are two reasons to use emuNAND:
  1. To use a clean sysNAND for online play while you use a dirty offline emuNAND for hackery.
  2. To keep your fuse count low without installing AutoRCM.
If you don't care about online play, and if you don't care about being able to downgrade in the future (or you are using AutoRCM), then there is no reason for you to use an emuNAND.

Reactions: PHiLiPZ
D

Deleted-401606

OP
Then there are two reasons to use emuNAND:
  1. To use a clean sysNAND for online play while you use a dirty offline emuNAND for hackery.
  2. To keep your fuse count low without installing AutoRCM.
If you don't care about online play, and if you don't care about being able to downgrade in the future (or you are using AutoRCM), then there is no reason for you to use an emuNAND.

Is there anything special about using 4.0.1? Can you Clone Sysnand to Emunand to keep your gamesaves? Can you keep sysnand at 4.0.1 and EMUnand on latest? Is there any reason to stay on 4.0.1 or any benefits of 4.0.1 over other FW's?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything special about using 4.0.1?
Is there any reason to stay on 4.0.1 or any benefits of 4.0.1 over other FW's?
You can use the warmboot browser exploit (instead of the RCM exploit) on 4.X.

Other than that, there is no benefit to being on 4.X, and it is unlikely that 4.X will receive any other exploits. If you don't care about the currently available warmboot browser exploit, then there's no reason to use an emuNAND (unless you want to use online play), there's no reason to stay on 4.X, and there's probably no reason to preserve the ability to downgrade to 4.X.

If you want to preserve the ability to downgrade to 4.X but don't want to waste your time with emuNAND, you can install AutoRCM to preserve your fuses.

Can you Clone Sysnand to Emunand to keep your gamesaves?
Yes, but there might not be any reason for you to use an emuNAND.

Can you keep sysnand at 4.0.1 and EMUnand on latest?
Yes, but there might not be any reason for you to use an emuNAND.

Last edited by Lacius,

PHiLiPZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Is there anything special about using 4.0.1? Can you Clone Sysnand to Emunand to keep your gamesaves? Can you keep sysnand at 4.0.1 and EMUnand on latest? Is there any reason to stay on 4.0.1 or any benefits of 4.0.1 over other FW's?

There’s hope for a permanent hack on these lower firmware versions. The idea is to have a low fw sysnand to boot into hekate without a jig and an updated cfw emunand and possibly an updated clean emunand for online.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There’s hope for a permanent hack on these lower firmware versions. The idea is to have a low fw sysnand to boot into hekate without a jig and an updated cfw emunand and possibly an updated clean emunand for online.
4.X is unlikely to ever receive anything more than the warmboot browser exploit it already has. Ways have been discussed that an untethered coldboot exploit, in principle, might be possible on 3.X and lower.

That being said, a person who really cares about receiving something like an untethered coldboot exploit should preserve fuses, even though it's unlikely on 4.X and higher.

D

Deleted-401606

OP

Alright so I still need a jig right now? I just got my memory card and I am ready to go. What is Pegascape for?

What do I need to get emunand installed after I set all this up?Do I just drag the extracted zip to the root of my sdcard?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I still need a jig right now?
If you're on 4.0.1, then you don't necessarily need a jig. That's up to you. There are two ways for you to hack your Switch, since your Switch is unpatched:
  1. RCM (requires a jig the first time)
  2. Warmboot browser exploit (not recommended unless you dislike the RCM exploit)
You can find more information on choosing an exploit here.

What is Pegascape for?
PegaScape is for people who want to (or have to) use the warmboot browser exploit.

Since your Switch is on 4.0.1 and it's unpatched, you get to choose which exploit you want to use.

What do I need to get emunand installed after I set all this up?
You will need to use your computer to partition your SD card for emuNAND, and you will need Hekate. Once it is setup, it's easy to use. If you aren't using online play, and if you aren't using the warmboot browser exploit, then there isn't really any need to use an emuNAND.

D

Deleted-401606

OP
If you're on 4.0.1, then you don't necessarily need a jig. That's up to you. There are two ways for you to hack your Switch, since your Switch is unpatched:
  1. RCM (requires a jig the first time)
  2. Warmboot browser exploit (not recommended unless you dislike the RCM exploit)
You can find more information on choosing an exploit here.

PegaScape is for people who want to (or have to) use the warmboot browser exploit.

Since your Switch is on 4.0.1 and it's unpatched, you get to choose which exploit you want to use.

You will need to use your computer to partition your SD card for emuNAND, and you will need Hekate. Once it is setup, it's easy to use. If you aren't using online play, and if you aren't using the warmboot browser exploit, then there isn't really any need to use an emuNAND.

So I install Atmosphere first and then partition my card? Or should I partition it now? I just bought a fresh card, do I need to insert it to my switch first to format it?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I install Atmosphere first and then partition my card? Or should I partition it now? I just bought a fresh card, do I need to insert it to my switch first to format it?
You can partition the card now and then setup the emuNAND with Hekate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended