Is this the way its supposed to work? (SNES and Genesis emulation)

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Lurunar, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Lurunar
    OP

Newcomer Lurunar Member

United States
    So I just got my DSTT today and I wanted to make sure everything worked like it was supposed to. I loaded up Kirby Canvas Curse, played through a level and it played just like it did on the DS. I went into my SNES emulator and Chrono Trigger wouldn't even load, but Super Mario All-Stars did, albeit some lag and framerate issues in Mario World. I opened up my Genesis emulator and Sonic 1, 2 and 3 worked but Sonic and Knuckles wouldnt load, but there were some graphic issues in the three sonics I played (blue lines on the screen in Sonic 2, a little laggy, e.t.c). Is this a case of bad roms? Or is this normal? Also, I replaced the skin with a zelda skin and it was still using the DSTT one, I'll have to see what's up with that. I'm using a 2GB Kingston Micro SD if it means anything, thanks in advance.

2. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Emulation on the DS isn't perfect, there will always be glitches.

Strange how Chrono Trigger wouldn't load though, what emulator are you using?

3. Lurunar
    OP

Newcomer Lurunar Member

United States
    I got chrono trigger to load, downloaded a new rom, but this is sorta disappointing, i knew snes and genesis werent perfect with some games but i thought most games worked as intended but this is far from perfect....

oh well, the ds games work fine atleast

4. litium

Member litium GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    you need to replace the original DSTT bmp's skin files with the ones that you d'led.

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    SNES emulation is by no means perfect, though jEnesisDS usually comes very close.

6. Lurunar
    OP

Newcomer Lurunar Member

United States
    I dont know dan, there's blue lines all over my screen in certain levels in sonic 2 and 3 with jenesis