Homebrew Question Is this the subforum to support SX OS service requests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

notimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
We've just got a heated discussion that was moderated away as bickering - about this not possibly being the place where SX OS related service requests should be handled.

SX OS is not emulation or homebrew software - and it certainly isnt a "software project" either, that could be highlighted, in here for others to recognize.

I'm strongly against the notion - that people asking how to update what portion of their SX OS emunand should be part of a conversation thats held and supported in here.

Two arguments up front.

1. Even atmosphere or reinx related issues are discussed in a different subforum.
2. Being the most popular commercial CFW, drmed, closed source, trying to brick the devices of every researcher that dared to take a look at the actual software at one point - there is no way, that this fits with the culture and focus of this subforum.

(From a mentality standpoint SX OS are the folks that first lifted open source code against license agreements, and tried to bribe their way to have exclusivity on a major scene release, also against existing license agreements. But thats just flavor.)

If possible I'd need some form of public statement on what to do with purely SX OS related support threads, when they hit here. Should we report them to be moved, should we smile and treat them as "free and open software, that has to be supported by a community"? They dont release in here - they dont have their developers or support personal deal with issues in here...

There are many things that actually go against that notion.

Again - I'm only talking about SX OS service requests without being related to any of the programs in here. As in "I used the emunand option - whats my update path".

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: ghjfdtg

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We've just got a heated discussion that was moderated away as bickering

Not sure of specifics, but if you created a thread here and it got deleted, I'd probably not make a new thread about it.

Also, talk to the head mod, if possible, about something like this, rather than do this...if this is a try-to-revive-a-thread-material....you'll give peons hard-nons.

notimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
We'd need a public response at some point any how - because this is not just me that would have to react differently one way or another, so I opened this thread.

The bickering part was me actually scolding a person trying to get SX OS emunand support in here. Because I was fairly certain, that this was not the place (also it was low effort, and it was the second time that this happend today - the first time another user reacted in a similar way (what has this to do with..)).

This is really for confirmation only.

(The bickering part would start at "I'm gone - if this is approved to be the forum, where we first get effed over by SX OS four times in a row, and then have to community support their software for free, while they make money on it"... :) thats not what this thread should be about.)

Last edited by notimp,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
We've just got a heated discussion that was moderated away as bickering - about this not possibly being the place where SX OS related service requests should be handled.

SX OS is not emulation or homebrew software - and it certainly isnt a "software project" either, that could be highlighted, in here for others to recognize.

I'm strongly against the notion - that people asking how to update what portion of their SX OS emunand should be part of a conversation thats held and supported in here.

Two arguments up front.

1. Even atmosphere or reinx related issues are discussed in a different subforum.
2. Being the most popular commercial CFW, drmed, closed source, trying to brick the devices of every researcher that dared to take a look at the actual software at one point - there is no way, that this fits with the culture and focus of this subforum.

(From a mentality standpoint SX OS are the folks that first lifted open source code against license agreements, and tried to bribe their way to have exclusivity on a major scene release, also against existing license agreements. But thats just flavor.)

If possible I'd need some form of public statement on what to do with purely SX OS related support threads, when they hit here. Should we report them to be moved, should be smile and treat them as "free and open software, that has to be supported by a community"? They dont release in here - they dont have their developers or support personal deal with issues in here...

There are many things that actually go against that notion.

Again - I'm only talking about SX OS service requests without being related to any of the programs in here. As in "I used the emunand option - whats my update path".
You are right, anything SX related belongs in Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods. If you see threads that are posted in the wrong section, feel free to report the OP and request the thread to be moved.

notimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I know, my warning level got raised for it again today.

I still believe, that this should not be the subforum to help out Team Xecutor customers for free.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I know, my warning level got raised for it again today.

I still believe, that this should not be the subforum to help out Team Xecutor customers for free.

So you think non TX users actually help TX users ? Cute. Mostly it's the TX users that help other TX users.

metaljay

Trophies
XP
Country
The answer is yes, it’s on xecuters own forum but they hardly respond... it’s only the mods who have idea what’s Happening

notimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Thats not my main point of focus. I don't want to pitch one tribe against the other one in here. I really just want to know if we have to support SX OS support requests in this subforum.

(Or to be honest, every fiber of my being urges me to speak out that it is wrong to give that company free support on the homebrew/open free software forum - because their actions stand against everything, that this forum culturally stands for. But then again, a simple statement as an answer will do - I don't necessarily want to draw this out into a debate - (be free, if you find the need, I might not respond to stay somewhat safe at least today... ;)))

The answer is yes, it’s on xecuters own forum but they hardly respond... it’s only the mods who have idea what’s Happening
I'm only talking about the Emulation, Homebrew or Software Projects subforum. I'm positive, that there has to be and will be place for discussions about SX OS on gbatemp.

Last edited by notimp,

PiracyForTheMasses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would agree that SXOS should not be discussed here. TX are the ones profiting from the firmware that they are selling, therefore they need to be the one offering customer support. Anytime there is an SXOS question the OP should be redirected to TX forum and the thread closed. Gbatemp also needs to update their terms, stealing open source code is wrong and it should not be allowed here.

Reactions: ghjfdtg

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
The thread you're talking about belonged in the CFW and Exploits forum - it has been moved there (as it is about SX OS the CFW not SX OS how to load XCIs - in which case it would be Backup Loaders). It's unfortunate that SX straddles the line between forum topics.

However, the way to get things dealt with is to report them and not reply. If you're not happy with how your report was resolved, then start a dialogue with a moderator. You achieve nothing by getting into a big huff about it and writing essays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1