Hacking Is this the Nandmin.bin file?

grandpa2390

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I'm following the instruction on the R4i Gold 3DS plus flashcard. everything seems to be going well. when I had to install the 5 cia files (FBI and so forth), there were 5 in the directory, and at first the system said fail fail fail. but then I noticed it was trying to install 10 files instead of 5. and the last 5 files it tried to install were the 5 that I was trying to install... so I guess that went alright. no problems since.

I just did a SYSNAND backup, as per the instructions. Went to the folder to store the backup in a safer location. the guide says I need to be looking for

Copy _nandmin_###.bin from the /gm9/out/ folder on your SD card to a safe location on your computer

but the file that was created was 180810_SW##_sysnand_000.bin. Is this the right file? in the pictures in the walkthrough, it's the same kind of file that as created. but there is no picture or anything showing what file name is actually copied over except nandman_###

Last edited by grandpa2390,

grandpa2390

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nand backup would tends to be named like 180810_SW##_sysnand_000.bin, nand.bin, nandmin.bin depending on what you use to create the nand backup. It is good to have some nand backup around.

so I completed the instruction here: http://www.r4ids.cn/r4ids-e.htm

Am I done? It looks like the instructions are doing all the same things as the 3ds hacks guide website.

Last edited by grandpa2390,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I completed the instruction here: http://www.r4ids.cn/r4ids-e.htm

Am I done? It looks like the instructions are doing all the same things as the 3ds hacks guide website.

Seem fine, in system setting if it says sys instead of ver and if you installed those cia in the tutorial like fbi, lumaupdater etc you should be fine, think they just copy the tutorial from 3ds.hack.guide.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@grandpa2390 Don't use freeshop in sleep mode or anything that involves ticket if you are on 11.8

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: grandpa2390

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans