Hacking Is this the best way to load psp iso on ofw

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 4.70 and under can use a tool called Pexploit to install .pkgs to a backup of their PS3. Stay on your firmware and get your idps.bin (Which can be done 4.70 and below). Once you get your idps.bin update to 4.81 and now you can install pkgs to your backup. Game pkgs, dlc pkgs, not homebrew pkgs though. Not directly through the PS3, you will need a PC to actually install the pkg, but hey! Free games!

Last edited by Zero72463,
D

Deleted-379826

Version 4.70 and under can use a tool called Pexploit to install .pkgs to a backup of their PS3. Stay on your firmware and get your idps.bin (Which can be done 4.70 and below). Once you get your idps.bin update to 4.81 and now you can install pkgs to your backup. Game pkgs, dlc pkgs, not homebrew pkgs though. Not directly through the PS3, you will need a PC to actually install the pkg, but hey! Free games!
Damn I was wrong. Wasn't this the super complex process where you had to like backup and restore your PS3 each game though?

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How lond does it take to get the idps. I just was about to go format this and update it to get hulu setup etc. I read somewhere about a way to get games to work on 4.81 but you have to have the discs or something

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How lond does it take to get the idps. I just was about to go format this and update it to get hulu setup etc. I read somewhere about a way to get games to work on 4.81 but you have to have the discs or something

I don't know, just Google how to get PS3 idps pexploit 4.70 and below or something like that. Even if you don't want to pirate games if you want the best chance I recommend keeping the idps.bin. I will dig through my files and see if I can send you what you need.

Damn I was wrong. Wasn't this the super complex process where you had to like backup and restore your PS3 each game though?

No Pexploit is just get a backup then you can install pkgs to it (as long as you had idps.bin) on any firmware. As many pkgs as you want.

D

Deleted-379826

I don't know, just Google how to get PS3 idps pexploit 4.70 and below or something like that. Even if you don't want to pirate games if you want the best chance I recommend keeping the idps.bin. I will dig through my files and see if I can send you what you need.

No Pexploit is just get a backup then you can install pkgs to it (as long as you had idps.bin) on any firmware. As many pkgs as you want.
Aw darn. I totally missed out on this then. =/

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trueancestor Backup Injector detects idps using your backup files, so if you're using that, you don't need to extract idps.
https://www.psxhax.com/threads/trueancestor-backup-retailer-injector-v2-00-by-jjkkyu-updated.1171/
It's also the main tool to inject edat files used by c00 games.

The idps method ensures on newer firmwares you can install pkgs. Installing pkgs is easier in general. That says it only works on 4.70 and below. pkgs are simple so we might as well keep it simple for him for now. Besides it is good to have your idps on hand, you never know when you might want it. So it won't matter what method he does decide to go with, having the idps.bin might help him in the future. :)

Last edited by Zero72463,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1