Hardware Is this switch cfw able ? or where can i buy a cheap switch ?

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey. Someone is buying me a switch (so much love to her) and i wish it since first day it came out but i have no job and will never get one but finally i can get a switch.
I want to install cfw on my future switch and if possible, i would like to save some money(i am from EU / germany) because i dont want that the person pays the full price of a switch for me, i really feel bad for her. I have no job and she basically does everything for me even if i dont want her money or expensive gifts. Its hard for me to accept such a expensive gift, but anyways.

I searched on google about nintendo switch cfw and i figured out that before buying one, i should check the serial number. I found a switch for about 311€ and in the description i see 3 lines of numbers but i cant tell which one is the serial number (my german isn't bad but the site is really confusing me). So maybe one of you guys could take a look and tell me if its cfw able or not ?

I took a picture of the site / description of it:
Cfw.png

If its not cfw able, do you know any other site where i can order a a switch (new model) not used and cheap as possible ?

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: ProfiSuchti

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ohhh damn so i have to open it up and install that chip ? i tried this once with my old xbox 360 and i messed it up. It never booted anymore. I am really bad in opening and installing / modding chips. Alright i will buy a modded switch then. I wanted a switch in new condition but okay. I hope a modded switch isn't any expensiver...

Ps. You sure about ebay ? i used ebay.de ago many years and i tried to buy jailbroken iphones or modded xbox consoles. They all arived DEFECTIVE. I got scammed and NEVER got my money back. I wasted a bunch of money. I even got defective GPU's. Thats why i am scared to buy used stuff.

Edit: I used the search and couldn't find anything about the new version of the switch. I assume the new model of the switch contains a new patch that dont allows cfw. Cant i just buy the new model (not used) and wait couple years till the version gets outdated and then install cfw over pc ? thats what i did with my 3ds too. I bought one, waited a year without touching it and then cfw came out for my version. It was worth the time for sure. I am just scared about ebay / used stuff.

Last edited by ProfiSuchti,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Alright i see, so its impossible to tell if a switch supports fusee gelee if i buy it from online stores.
Do you have any site for me where i can order one and see the serial number at same time ? or a site where i can buy a modded one (new model) for not more than 350€ ? and the switch has to be EU region since i am in EU and play my games online still.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright i see, so its impossible to tell if a switch supports fusee gelee if i buy it from online stores.
Do you have any site for me where i can order one and see the serial number at same time ? or a site where i can buy a modded one (new model) for not more than 350€ ? and the switch has to be EU region since i am in EU and play my games online still.

If you buy one with the serial # in the safe to buy range you are going to get a 100% fusee-gelee exploitable unit, without needing a modchip.

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah i understand now. But i just realized i cant see the serial number when ordering online, right ? so i need a alternative website haha. I am scared to order blind and then when receiving to check and not be able to cfw.

Last edited by ProfiSuchti,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the problem is that you are ordering from a retailer, so you are going to a V2 switch with the Mariko motherboard, so you need to hard mod if you want to run CFW on it, and on top of that Team Xecuter behind the modchip ain't doing very well with their leaders in jail, if you have the money to hunt for one yourself, try ebay.

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How is the chance that i could get scammed or receive a banned nintendo switch V2 from ebay ? i got over 10x scammed already in total from ebay.
I searched for "nintendo switch hard mod on ebay.de but couldn't find any. Also i want 100% the new model. Chances look really low to find one :c. Maybe i just dont buy the switch. I really need cfw.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you got to asks the seller for proof that isn't ban, if you intend to run CFW then you can't play online on the same NAND, you need to separate the NAND, newer model, V2, has better battery life, but the atmosphere has no support for it, so your only choice is SX OS, like I stated above there is an uncertain with Team Xecuter right now, not sure if there will be support for newer firmware.

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think i found a hard modded switch on a different Site. I am asking him if its V2 and not banned. Going to buy it. It dont needs to have cfw really. I just wanna install switch roms on it and play online on a v2 since games are to expensive.
Can i install the games free and play them online on a hard modded V2 switch ? not asking how or where i can get the games.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i found a hard modded switch on a different Site. I am asking him if its V2 and not banned. Going to buy it. It dont needs to have cfw really. I just wanna install switch roms on it and play online on a v2 since games are to expensive.
Can i install the games free and play them online on a hard modded V2 switch ? not asking how or where i can get the games.

Without buying the game no, piracy just going to get you ban online.

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I had pirated games on my 3ds too for years and till today never got banned online. Or does the switch have a higher ban rate or is it 100% that i get banned ?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea you will get ban for pirating on the switch, they changed the way they detect if a game is legally bought or not, that why the freeshop on the 3DS is dead, If you want to play online you can separate the NAND prior to installing backup (roms).

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Alright didn't know that. So i wont buy the switch, thanks. I cant afford even 40$ for a game. And i dont want others to buy me all the games i like. The switch self costs already 350$. So i give it up^^.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    StatusN @ StatusN: hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works...