Hacking Is this still possible??? Dark HBC Channel

biggzsizzle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capture.png

This is driving me nuts,... I found this hacks den dot com post with all these wads to install colored HBC "Forwarders" errr whatever, lol

So before I jumped into this,... I used showmiiwads to extract the HBC from my nand dot bin (packed as wad) then used CustomizeMii to extract all contents...

Then I extracted the wad for this Dark HBC,.. the real difference in the wads was,... Dark HBC had a .dol inside it and my HBC from my nand backup, did not.

Needless to say, I installed the Dark HBC wad, only to have the channel load this old screen,...

images.png

Which I'm assuming it's actually bricking because the Hit "1" button option never comes, and I have to load boot.elf from priiloader to reinstall HBC....

I just wanna change the color of the damn Homebrew Channel lol

What steps do I need to take here?? I tried manually editing the HBC wad from showmiiwads but it always go back to the screen above.

@JoostinOnline could you maybe help a simpleton such as myself?

Last edited by biggzsizzle,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Leave the original HBC installed. Then install a second dark HBC Forwarder. As it's name implies, the forwarder will launch the original, so you need that too.

Alternatively, you could look into customizing the look of the open homebrew channel, which you should be able to more easily modify directly than the original hbc

biggzsizzle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leave the original HBC installed. Then install a second dark HBC Forwarder. As it's name implies, the forwarder will launch the original, so you need that too.

Alternatively, you could look into customizing the look of the open homebrew channel, which you should be able to more easily modify directly than the original hbc

I guess that's honestly the real question, what exactly is it forwarding too? There's not an app folder for Homebrew Channel obviously, and the packed wad from my nand backup didn't contain a dol file,...I'm just confused, where is that default HBC system menu channel pointing to?

Dark HBC wad:
Capture1.png

Capture2.png

Capture3.png

When I install that forwarder, then open it in the system menu, the 2nd image in my op is what comes up, not the HBC. As if this Dark HBC wad is trying to run HackMii again,...but it freezes and doesn't go beyond that image

My HBC packed wad from Nand:
Capture4.png

Capture5.png

Capture6.png

Capture7.png

biggzsizzle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, it should be using IOS58 not 61. Second, I think the forwarder dol should just point to the title ID of the official homebrew channel.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. Changed to LULZ, ios58, Create wad. Deleted boot.elf and bootmini.elf,...Used MMM loaded with ios236, installed wad, exit MMM, and this...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So after about 3 mins, I started recording..

And I also got a new pointer!!
20210112-064206.jpg

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Lol at the pointer!

When you say you changed the title ID to lulz, you mean for the forwarder dol right? Not for the dark HBC?

You can make a forwarder dol that loads LULZ using Modmii classic's advanced downloads page. Then inject it into the dark forwarder wad (which should use a different title ID)

I know this would work with other channels, I'm just not 100% certain if forwarding to lulz is a special case

Reactions: biggzsizzle

biggzsizzle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol at the pointer!

When you say you changed the title ID to lulz, you mean for the forwarder dol right? Not for the dark HBC?

You can make a forwarder dol that loads LULZ using Modmii classic's advanced downloads page. Then inject it into the dark forwarder wad (which should use a different title ID)

I know this would work with other channels, I'm just not 100% certain if forwarding to lulz is a special case

@XFlak bud you gotta walk me through on this.. I'm no stranger to the modmii forwarder creation, but being that LULZ is what the hbc title ID is by default,..using modmii to create a forwarder to LULZ would kinda answer my question, in terms of "Where is the default HBC channel pointing?"

What I did, first try, was use customizemii to change the title ID of Dark HBC wad. Saved it, installed it,...it overwrwote the default HBC channel I had,...went to Hackmii screen and froze.
2nd attempt was using customizemii on Dark HBC to extract all contents. Then using customizemii, I loaded my HBC LULZ wad from my nand backup, and replaced each image one by one, created wad, installed it, overwrote the re-installed/default hbc. and same thing, hackmii screen freeze.
3rd attempt, seen from the video, was a repeat of the first, only difference is, i deleted boot.elf and bootmini.elf, and the result is what's in the video...(ultimately a 5 min wait before HBC loaded)

So any more help would greatly be appreciated!!

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
OK so I'm not at my pc right now so the instructions will be a bit vague, if you have problems following let me know and tomorrow morning when I'm in front of my pc I'll give you better step by step instructions

So, start modmii classic and enter A, then from there enter F or something like that to build a forwarder dol, there should be 3 options, 1 to launch a path like sd:/whatever, another to launch a website URL, and the one you want, to boot a title ID/channel. Select that, then tell modmii you want your forwarder dol to launch the title ID "LULZ".

Now go back to customize mii, and inject this dol into a WAD, and make sure the title ID of this WAD is NOT lulz. Then install the channel, and make sure the original lulz hbc is also installed (move it to the final screen or something if u can't stand the look of it, lol). Then when you launch your dark channel with whatever title ID, it will boot the forwarder dol, which should forward to the original lulz hbc seemlessly. It will appear and function as if it is its own hbc, but in reality it's just a shortcut to lulz

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: biggzsizzle

biggzsizzle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, start modmii classic and enter A, then from there enter F or something like that to build a forwarder dol, there should be 3 options, 1 to launch a path like sd:/whatever, another to launch a website URL, and the one you want, to boot a title ID/channel.
I got this after "F"
1 = dol
2 = ISO
3 = both
Which do I want? 3?
See? I went thru this before ever posting, bcuz I couldn't figure out how to or WHERE to point to LULZ

NEVER MIND!!! I got it,...1 = dol then 3 on the next page!

Reactions: XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: