Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Please guys, i want to buy This PSP its 2001 model, i presume 1 at the end means its USA region PSP... anyway..this guy is selling his PSP for good price and in great condition.. in fact he sels it for 35 euros that is about 40 USD for american peeps...

ANYWAY...im concerned..
i read here that motherboards model TA-088v3 can not be hacked, and that if serial number behind PSP battery..actually this is what i read:

"2- What is the PSP's Serial Number?
The Serial Number is found on a label where the battery is supposed to go (As shown in the picture "SERIAL No.")
This isn’t something serious or very helpful, but with more research, it could be.
At the moment, it focuses mostly on Piano Black PSPs.
If that serial starts with HU2, then the PSP most likely has a TA-088v3 Motherboard (And that the PSP is Piano Black).
Any other serial (Say starting with HC or HB or HJ) doesn’t matter at the moment."

than i asked the guy to send me pics of PSP serials and system settings where firmware number is, and this is what i saw:

This was like, OK he got 6.60 FW thats cool!

TpssB3x.jpg

Than i was like, OK this is even more cool, i can see its hackd, it has CFW PRO-C2!!

0ouBihY.jpg

Than i saw This! And from what i read up there it specifically said "HU2" most likely has a TA-088v3 Motherboard, the unhackable motherboard... now how is that possible if that motherboard is unhackable, how tit he got CFW on PSP?!
Im just confused. Should i buy this PSP or not..i mean judgeing by outside condition and he said he rarely plays it its perfect oportunity, but that serial number is whats stoping me.

I want permanent hack... by the way, can i see when i open up PSP what motherboard is on mother board it self? (its ok, i know how to open PSP i done it before) is there some print out model number on motherboard, or if it has permanent hack on it that means its not that TA-088v3 motherboard right?

lIwkYmR.jpg

Also, heres a pic of serial number if that helps..thats all guy sent me...
1YIOs6j.jpg

Also..
"Also, if a PSP is hackable, the Firmware on it has nothing to do with its Hackability.
Whether it had 1.00 Official Firmware, 4.00 Official Firmware, 4.01 Official Firmware, 5.00 Official Firmware, or even the latest 5.03 Official Firmware, if the 2000 series PSP doesn’t have a TA-088v3 Motherboard, then it can be hacked."

Does that mean this psp is hackable..since it shows CFW PRO??!

im so confused by that serial...
Help please, talk to me :D <3 i really want this PSP and its CHEAP and that is great thing where i live :P

Last edited by Metoroid0,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's very old information you're going off of. All PSPs are "hackable" now, just some are more limited to others. Even worst case scenario, if it does have one of those motherboards, you can still use a temporary softmod that you can re-enable by quickly running a small application on startup. The only real disadvantage is you won't really be able to muck about with the NAND, which there's little reason to anymore, anyway.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
That's very old information you're going off of. All PSPs are "hackable" now, just some are more limited to others. Even worst case scenario, if it does have one of those motherboards, you can still use a temporary softmod that you can re-enable by quickly running a small application on startup. The only real disadvantage is you won't really be able to muck about with the NAND, which there's little reason to anymore, anyway.
Oh is that so. thanks for replying, that was helpful and relieving.

By the way, what do you think about those pics i sent you?

Bmatty72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luckily you can hack any psp now.
Unfortunately I don't have the right files for 2000....
But I'm sure you can find it. Maybe wololo.net .

Reactions: Megaben99

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Its hacked guys, but thatnks :D
only one question..i used PSP ident and i want to know this:

When i open PSPident it said bla bla bla...
* Motherboard model: TA-085
* Motherboard type: Slim 2004 (02g)

*PSP version: Slim v1.0 (now this, 1.0 does that means that my motherboard is: TA-085v1)

Because i read somewhere that TA-085v1 can create pandora where TA-085v2 can NOT create pandora

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its hacked guys, but thatnks :D
only one question..i used PSP ident and i want to know this:

When i open PSPident it said bla bla bla...
* Motherboard model: TA-085
* Motherboard type: Slim 2004 (02g)

*PSP version: Slim v1.0 (now this, 1.0 does that means that my motherboard is: TA-085v1)

Because i read somewhere that TA-085v1 can create pandora where TA-085v2 can NOT create pandora
Yes, you have a good find. That one is fully "hackable". You can create a pandora with it, brick it, recover it, revert to 5.00M33-6 and install IRShell, muck about with the NAND however you see fit, and so on. Once you have a recovery kit setup, you never have to worry about a permanent brick on it. Well, outside of the NAND just going bad, but that's anything dependant on rewritable storage.

Last edited by TecXero,
Reactions: Metoroid0

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Yes, you have a good find. That one is fully "hackable". You can create a pandora with it, brick it, recover it, revert to 5.00M33-6 and install IRShell, muck about with the NAND however you see fit, and so on. Once you have a recovery kit setup, you never have to worry about a permanent brick on it. Well, outside of the NAND just going bad, but that's anything dependant on rewritable storage.
So i just need to buy Pandora battery, correct?
I saw one to buy, but will it fit into my PSP 2004? i mean is Pandora battery only for 2000 models?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i just need to buy Pandora battery, correct?
I saw one to buy, but will it fit into my PSP 2004? i mean is Pandora battery only for 2000 models?
You can make any Sony PSP battery (don't get an aftermarket battery) into a pandora battery. You will also need to setup a memory stick that it can run from or "Magic Memorystick" which is really easy. It's a bit older but here's software that will allow you to easily create a "Magic Memorystick". Sorry for the slow download, I'll open up my host's outgoing bandwidth some more next time I tinker with it.

EDIT: Oh, on newer CFW you can just go into the Recovery Menu to change the battery to whatever you need it to.

EDIT2: I went ahead and doubled the upload throttle just so I don't forget about it. Now for sleep.

Last edited by TecXero,
Reactions: Metoroid0

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
You can make any Sony PSP battery (don't get an aftermarket battery) into a pandora battery. You will also need to setup a memory stick that it can run from or "Magic Memorystick" which is really easy. It's a bit older but here's software that will allow you to easily create a "Magic Memorystick". Sorry for the slow download, I'll open up my host's outgoing bandwidth some more next time I tinker with it.

EDIT: Oh, on newer CFW you can just go into the Recovery Menu to change the battery to whatever you need it to.

EDIT2: I went ahead and doubled the upload throttle just so I don't forget about it. Now for sleep.
http://www.instructables.com/id/PSP-Hacking-Guide/step2/Pandora-battery/

Is this it??? thats Psndora??

so basically i can brick PSP on purpose or by accident and i can recover it any time?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just CIPL'd my PSP 2000 the other day with Pro-C2. A handy tool for determining motherboard compatibility is PSPident, which you can use since you have CFW on it already. Although it looks like from the thread here I may have been going off of old info as well. Last I read the TNA-088v3 boards couldn't be CIPL flashed for permanent CFW.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just CIPL'd my PSP 2000 the other day with Pro-C2. A handy tool for determining motherboard compatibility is PSPident, which you can use since you have CFW on it already. Although it looks like from the thread here I may have been going off of old info as well. Last I read the TNA-088v3 boards couldn't be CIPL flashed for permanent CFW.
Metroid0 already used PSPIdent. You can use a perma patch on TA-088v3, but only for firmware 6.20. Past that and you can only use "Light" CFW.

Last edited by TecXero,

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid0 already used PSPIdent. You can use a perma patch on TNA-088v3, but only for firmware 6.20. Past that and you can only use "Light" CFW.
Ah, thanks. I skimmed the thread but I guess I missed that part about PSPident. And yeah, that would be the difference, I was basing my reply off of what I read regarding 6.60 Pro-C2. 6.20 is still a cool CFW though, since it basically does all the same stuff.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, thanks. I skimmed the thread but I guess I missed that part about PSPident. And yeah, that would be the difference, I was basing my reply off of what I read regarding 6.60 Pro-C2. 6.20 is still a cool CFW though, since it basically does all the same stuff.
Yeah, if I was stuck with TA-088v3 or a compatible Brite, I'd go for that. Metroid0 has an old TA-085, so no worries there.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's a sweet PSP you've got there - hold onto it, because it's the best marriage of features and hackability, at least in my opinion. As for creating Pandoras, don't - you can buy Pandora batteries for pennies these days wheras an original Sony battery can by pricy - it's just not worth it to slice yours open, unless you're skilled enough to do it immaculately. I personally bought a TOOL battery myself and I never regretted the decision.

As for the chart, it's out-of-date - as far as I know, all PSP's are hackable now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night