SavageWaffle

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im not buying, but im planning on buying a "gamer" desktop. Im not even sure if im going to buy it. But, hard drives... Wow. But im thinking, if i can buy like a 10 gb external hd, and download my OS on it. Then buy a INTERNAL hard drive(main) and download my stuff there. Is that possible, or is it just crazy talk.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Good luck with that, I know that it is possible, but the stability sucks. On top of that USB will REALLY slow down your system's performance since the system loads of that thing. I have a short list of BASIC externals that works with XP if you still want it.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not use a pen drive? I've heard running an OS from one of those isn't all that bad.

EDIT: BTW, it is crazy talk. That was probably the most unintelligible post I've read in a while, but I think I deciphered it correctly:

I plan to buy a gaming desktop computer in the near future, maybe. I may or may not buy one, it is still up in the air. But, hard drives...WOW....Actually, I have no idea what half of that says.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
10GB isn't enough for an OS. You REALLY don't want to install all your programs to the storage drive (4GB OS + 8GB game = over 10GB) because they would be hell to uninstall and would cause other major issues. An 80GB internal for OS and program, with 250GB or higher external for storage is the best setup.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) it would be too slow
the OS is accessed constantly, it should always be and internal hard drive

2) buy a main hard drive, about 80GB which will store OS and programs and maybe some games...
then buy a second, about 500GB to store all your stuff on or an external

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HoTuan @ HoTuan: how to mod switch ?