Hardware Is This Possible

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know where to put this so I put it here...

I was wondering if it is possible to redirect the microSD on the N3ds XL to run from a PC. My microSD is only 16GB and I have a lot of games. If I could have the 3ds run on the Hard Drive of a PC that would help a LOT.

D

Deleted User

I don't think you can, and even if you could, the only way I can think of it working would be by using a cord of some sort that goes from your PC into the mSD slot + some sorta fancy special software, which means you'd be stuck in front of your computer. Kinda defeats the point of a handheld. It also sounds like it could end up being overly expensive because it'd be some sort of weird obscure thing that a lot of people wouldn't use nor care about.

Reactions: MrMcTiller

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you can, and even if you could, the only way I can think of it working would be by using a cord of some sort that goes from your PC into the mSD slot + some sorta fancy special software, which means you'd be stuck in front of your computer. Kinda defeats the point of a handheld. It also sounds like it could end up being overly expensive because it'd be some sort of weird obscure thing that a lot of people wouldn't use nor care about.
Do you think it would be possible to somehow use the microSD management feature to do this?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't know where to put this so I put it here...

I was wondering if it is possible to redirect the microSD on the N3ds XL to run from a PC. My microSD is only 16GB and I have a lot of games. If I could have the 3ds run on the Hard Drive of a PC that would help a LOT.
Well, there is that Transcend wifi enabled SD card running Linux that can be hacked, you could probably set up a SMB share on that to your PC and have it work that way, but it would be slow and tethered to your home network.
That'll only work on o3DS though, a MicroSD is way too small to fit that kind of hardware inside. If you were really determined you could probably cut a hole for a SD card and use some sort of reverse MicroSD adapter dongle to plug a full size SD into the MicroSD slot.

SD cards are so cheap though so there's not much point in doing that.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)