Hacking is this possible?

smackdownn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
i was thinking...cant we do something like this? ive never used the content manager before so i have no idea..

first backup some game using content manager then connect another vita and then restore it or just copy that folder to another PC and just transfer using that content manager to their respective vita????? that way cant we share games??

smackdownn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
just was trying to copy the folder to the folder of another account and it said "the game can only be copied to owners account" then i copied the license file of another game into that folder and only replaced the license file the copy process went half way and it showed "some content cannot be copied" if we could edit that license file to work someway..i think we can share games and play...just a thought im not sure though

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's encrypted, we'd need to find the keys for it first. Once we find the keys, however, it'd be pointless to do so because we could just sign the downloaded games ourselves.
Not necessarily... Almost assuredly the keys used for backups are the individual keys for each system. It's not impossible that a way is discovered to 'acquire' the individual system keys (or they may be "PSN user Vita keys", depending on how complex Sony's system is... after the PS3, probably this latter option) without getting the private signing keys. In which case, it may be possible to decrypt someone else's game then reencrypt with the personal vita key. This wouldn't be the same as having the true private key and being able to sign anything we wanted (the actual game executable would undoubtedly be signed by that, meaning it'd still have to be a valid Sony approved game or file)

That is, of course, only theorizing. We won't know which way the Vita hacking scene will go in the end and because of that we won't have any sort of estimate. That said, the system was only just released so there is plenty of time for all of those shenanigans and I much like the fact that beyond Wololo's PSP-on-vita hack we haven't heard much (which means the big boys are working on it instead of bragging and posturing)

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The theory you came up with was actually very well, but unfortunately, it is IMPOSSIBLE. I am Positive that it will not even take a month for the PSvita to be hacked. Any of us, do not have an answer to get the PSvita hacked, in fact, i think it is useless to get the PSvita hacked, in my opinion.

smackdownn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
@xac3l3g3ndx its better if the game library builds up a little before it gets hacked..or its good even if its hacked now but only to play PSP isos for now coz im stuck with just one game, games are very expensive in india

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@xac3l3g3ndx its better if the game library builds up a little before it gets hacked..or its good even if its hacked now but only to play PSP isos for now coz im stuck with just one game, games are very expensive in india

I know, but playing regular PSP ISO on PSvita? The Playstation Vita took a long time to create, and hacking it is useless, because most games for the playstations are from a series like Call of Duty, Uncharted, by downloading all of these don't you think it is creating a huge problem with your computer, and especially your Internet? In my opinion, there are some Sony games that are very good, but the Playstation vita hacked is practically madness, because of the playstation vita's games are too big in size, that can mess your computer up, especially, add financial problems.

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country

I know, but playing regular PSP ISO on PSvita? The Playstation Vita took a long time to create, and hacking it is useless, because most games for the playstations are from a series like Call of Duty, Uncharted, by downloading all of these don't you think it is creating a huge problem with your computer, and especially your Internet? In my opinion, there are some Sony games that are very good, but the Playstation vita hacked is practically madness, because of the playstation vita's games are too big in size, that can mess your computer up, especially, add financial problems.

i can't make sense of what you just said mate. how can having data on your HDD create you financial problems? unless you need to buy more HDDs? but considering i get 500gb for 45£ or less in an external enclosure for my lappy, it is fairly decent price.

Also, yeah hacking vita now would be pointless, it would die in its first year and get abandoned by developers. Still, if sony made running your own code possible ( say a set of keys to sign homebrews?) a lot of people wouldn't bother hacking the vita, as most just want to mess with it and see what it is capable of, plus a decent video player ( support for .avi .mkv etc.) would be lovely. Would beat the point of hacking it as well.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xac 3 is spouting off several different levels of non-sense.

First off, I am willing to guarantee that the Vita will NOT be hacked for a long long while, at least not to the point of allowing pirated commercial games to run from the system.

Second off he's gone off on some sort of tangent that Vita games will be too large to pirate without it being a financial burden on the end users.... But he seems to have forgotten that most full vita games are ALREADY AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD from the PSN store. The games aren't likely to break the size of a standard DVD... mostly because (despite the "hd" claims) the Vita screen is only just about standard non-HD TV resolution (it only looks super awesomely HD because it's a 5inch screen) so you don't need super detailed polygons, hi res textures, or true HD video cut scenes.

The only legitimate part of his second complaint is that a lot of people in Canada have hard bandwidth limits (some as low as 2GB, which is ridiculous when my Cell phone alone has an unlimited speed 5/GB plan and a limited speed unlimited data for $30) in which case it MAY cost them a ton to pirate games... but it would cost the same to buy LEGAL PSN versions of the same games as well... so point moot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr