Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Nujui, Apr 20, 2011.

Apr 20, 2011

Is this possible? by Nujui at 12:38 AM (768 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Nujui
    OP

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    Let's say I wanted to do a total redo of my hacks on the wii. Is there any way to unhack your wii and then rehack?

I'm on 4.2 by the way.

2. scooby74029

Member scooby74029 "fake coder"

United States
    really you cant unhack it there will always be traces on your wii but you can get modmii and use it just tell modmii that your wii is virgin and follow the parts of the guide that it makes that you want to change

3. ground

Member ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    the best way is to update to 4.3 to remove the most homebrew, then rehack you're wii.

4. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    TERRIBLE ADVISE!

sorry dude, don't take it personally, but seriously!

If you update to 4.3 officially then use ModMii to hack your Wii, it's very likely u will need an original Wii game to do it.

Now if he didn't update to 4.3, and remained on SM v3.0-4.2 he coulda used bannerbomb instead (ie. not requiring a Wii game to do it)

and in the end, as long as use ModMii to hack your Wii, your Wii will have the exact same shit installed to it whether u update or not... only difference being you may have to run around to find one of few specific games to mod the wii if you're on 4.3

5. Nujui
    OP

United States
    Hmm, I thought as much.

Thanks anyway.

6. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    did u not understand me? I said just use ModMii! You don't need to remove any hacks, ModMii will overwrite them all!

7. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Your advice sucks!

And feel free to take it personal, because it not only locks you out of the best exploit available (bannerbomb) but it leaves about as much traces of homebrew as that it deletes. IOS224 will still be there, HBC 1.0.8 will still be there and all the custom channels as well. In fact, all it does is remove things you don't want to be deleted (at best, you want them updated).

@DuskYe: Xflak is right (along with about every guide that's worth the pages it's written on): it is absolutely not needed to remove anything. If needed, you can just overwrite things. The proces of unhacking a wii is generally called 'virginizing' a wii. It is equally generally considered a bad move.
    If you really want to (though the only reason I can think of is when you need to send it back to nintendo), you can use ohneswanzennegger* to do it. But once again: if it's just aimed at rehacking, it's just a waste of time and effort.

@Xflak: considering the post times, I think he missed your post and made that reply to ground. [​IMG]

*giantpune: if you're reading this: seriously, dude...do you REALLY expect people to know how this is written? [​IMG]

8. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    Shitty advice by ground. Listen to Xflak and use Modmii

9. Nujui
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I understood you, just like weaver said "considering the post times, I think he missed your post and made that reply to ground"