Nikj14

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
just a question to anyone who knows how the system menu handles buttons and channels and such.

Is it possible to add/modify features of the system menu? because I was thinking about our current USB loaders and how we use them (forwarder channels and HBC and other means) and how we need channels and launchers to use them, then i had a thought. What if we had a dedicated menu for USB loading games? like another SD card menu except it would search for your HDD hooked up to the wii's USB ports and see the games there and load there banners (unless scubbing games like USB loaders do removes the banners), sort of like what loadstructor does except it would automatically detect and load the games banners off the hard drive, like the SD card does when it loads titles off an SD card, and if it could run them off of their default IOS? i realize this would mean installing a version of CIOSCORP with the DIP module and USB loading built into it but it would offer maximum compatibility and faster loading times. I think this would be a great way of loading games off of USB.

The problem is i dont know if any of this is even remotely possible, so if someone who knows more about this type of thing would comment on this and give us an idea I'd be really grateful.

BTW who else would use this type of thing if it was ever developed?

D

Deleted-171178

I believe USB Loader GX can load banners, so if you make a GX channel it will be pretty much what you want.

Nikj14

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
beegee7730 said:
I believe USB Loader GX can load banners, so if you make a GX channel it will be pretty much what you want.

i mean it would be integrated with the system menu so we wouldnt even need to launch a USB loader, im using GX right now tho.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could make a load of game specific channels for USB loading with Loadstructor and then move all the channels to you SD card. Then when you are on the system menu and click on the SD card it would list all your games on the HDD (complete with banners) and able to be loaded with one click.

Nikj14

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jakejm79 said:
You could make a load of game specific channels for USB loading with Loadstructor and then move all the channels to you SD card. Then when you are on the system menu and click on the SD card it would list all your games on the HDD (complete with banners) and able to be loaded with one click.

im thinking of doing this but i sometimes swap USB drives so i dont know if it would be compatible with the new drive, but having it auto-detect all my games and run them without a hitch on their default IOS would be an upside.

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Could be possible but we need to make a new .ash for the system menu 000000XX.app (basically a cloan od the SD Channel would do) Add some extra tpl's to cmnBtn and add some extra lines to the brlyt's/brlan's.

But then comes the coding to actually boot the god damn thing and also all of the extra IOS patching and system menu editing. and extra doo dah i dont know about lol!

You would need a team of people who know how to theme and do benzin editing (Wii Theme Team)
People who know about USB Loader's (Waninkoko etc...)
Experienced coder's to do the extra stuff.

But isnt there a system menu replacement somewhere which can do this?

Nikj14

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mattjd said:
Could be possible but we need to make a new .ash for the system menu 000000XX.app (basically a cloan od the SD Channel would do) Add some extra tpl's to cmnBtn and add some extra lines to the brlyt's/brlan's.

But then comes the coding to actually boot the god damn thing and also all of the extra IOS patching and system menu editing. and extra doo dah i dont know about lol!

You would need a team of people who know how to theme and do benzin editing (Wii Theme Team)
People who know about USB Loader's (Waninkoko etc...)
Experienced coder's to do the extra stuff.

But isnt there a system menu replacement somewhere which can do this?

so if we just cloned the SD card menu, changed where it was looking and what it loaded from (i dont think we'd have to change that its looking for banners) so it might be possible is what ive got? and i dont know about any system menu replacements...

D

Deleted-171178

I would forget about it dude. It would take too much time and effort.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nikj14 said:
jakejm79 said:

im thinking of doing this but i sometimes swap USB drives so i dont know if it would be compatible with the new drive, but having it auto-detect all my games and run them without a hitch on their default IOS would be an upside.

It will always show all the channels, but it loads them via the game ID, i.e. if you have mario kart on two HDDs then the one mario kart channel will load the game regardless of which HDD is connected. But if the game is not on the HDD then the channel will still show, there will just be an error when u try and load it. You have 3 options:
1. Just ignore the channels that show up for the games that aren't on the HDD
2. Place them on separate pages organized by the HDD the games are on
3. Have separate SD cards for each HDD with only the channels on it that match the games on the HDD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls