Is this possible with wad files?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by erolz, Jul 28, 2008.

Jul 28, 2008

Is this possible with wad files? by erolz at 1:12 PM (1,662 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. erolz
    OP

Member erolz GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    Hi,

ive installed some wad files, including WadManager to install and uninstall the wads.
    is it possible to copy the WadManager from my Wii back to the SD card, delete the WadManager with WadManager and copy the WadManagar back to my Wii when i need this channel? this way i can use the shopchannel etc. without having wad tickets on my wii.

2. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I don't see why not.

Personally, I just run it from the homebrew channel.

3. erolz
    OP

Member erolz GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    but, if this is possible. you can install (for example) the WadManager without using the twlight hack!
    you only need a saved channel file from the sd card

4. SenorClean

Australia
    Oh, I misunderstood your question.

You need the ticket...

I'm not too stressed about the big N about it.... but do have concerns about dodgy wads banner bricking... which can really screw you in 3.3.

5. erolz
    OP

Member erolz GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    what do you mean with "dodgy wads banner bricking" ? i run software 3.3 on my wii atm. should i downgrade my wii?

6. SenorClean

Australia
    If you install a wad with a bad banner, your wii menu will not start.

If you are on 3.2, you can make an auto-booting (trucha signed) wad manager disc, and use that to remove the bad wad.

On 3.3, you can make an auto-booting copy of zelda (not trucha signed) but you need to have the twilight hack savegame already on your wii... or you're screwed.

I've seen your question answered elsewhere... I can't remember the exact explanation, but I'm pretty sure they decided it wouldn't work. I'm not crazy enough to try it.

The thing is - if you are worried about your wads being traced - the safest option is to use wad manager to clean it... Using other methods gives you no control over tickets.

7. erolz
    OP

Member erolz GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    ok. thanx for your time m8.

8. SenorClean

Australia
    You still need a mod chip to launch any burned disc.

I wouldn't recommend downgrading - Just launch stuff from the homebrew channel rather than using wads.

9. erolz
    OP

Member erolz GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    even when i only install scene wads? (mostly VC games) you still recommend the homebrew channel? what's the differents between the homebrew channel and the WadManager (besides loading special non-wad software)

10. skawo96

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Because you can use a lot of homebrew with homebrew channel and you use blocks only for HBC. It's much easier and safer to use etc etc

11. erolz
    OP

Member erolz GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    ok. i did not knew this. i will try to install the hbc. can i easy load wad files from the sd card using hbc? or do i still have to install the wad files on my wii?

can i leave the hbc on my wii while browsing the shopchannel? or does the hbc also got a ticket?