Is this Pokémon Emerald original or Repro?

Phenj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone, this seller on Facebook Marketplace is selling me this Pokémon Emerald, it's PAL/EU/ITALIAN, do you know if it is original or just a repro? The seller claims it is an original, but i'd like to hear an expert.

Thanks!
242615667_139894691689227_3721075635744080939_n.jpg

242298953_284960736529254_593168537952582515_n.jpg

Last edited by Phenj,

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
On first glance that looks like the real deal. It's very easy to spot repros with clear shell. A picture of the back side would be good just to make sure.

EnterpriseFreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Looks real to me. The fakes I've seen so far don't have a RTC battery most of the time, use the US version of the seal of quality and have their ID4 (plus the region indentifier) mismatched almost always. If there's a picture of the back of the cartridge or the copyright text above the pins that would help indentify a possible fake too.

Phenj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks guys, just added the retro. Looks fine, but the black screw is sus.
EDIT: This one for comparision should be original, and there's a written thing on the back "MODEL NO AGB-002"
Pokemon-versione-Smeraldo-Game-Boy-Advance-GBA-Italiano-_57.jpg

Last edited by Phenj,

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Looks legitimate to me, the screw likely got oxidized somehow and turned black, i have one or two where that happened myself due to a mixture of dirt and moisture, and the lighting in the pictures is most likely the reason the print on the back is not visible. The PCB itself is definitely legit, I'd blame the rest on the dude making the photos not doing so in a well lit room.

Phenj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Looks legitimate to me, the screw likely got oxidized somehow and turned black, i have one or two where that happened myself due to a mixture of dirt and moisture, and the lighting in the pictures is most likely the reason the print on the back is not visible. The PCB itself is definitely legit, I'd blame the rest on the dude making the photos not doing so in a well lit room.
The print on the back should be clearly visible, i think, even in poor light conditions

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The print on the back should be clearly visible, i think, even in poor light conditions
Not necessarily with a shitty camera like they use. Poor sensor combined with aggressive compression and bad lighting could easily make it almost impossible to actually see.

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you ever get your hands on a repo and have an authentic copy of any Pokemon game for GBA then I'd shell swap the cartridge housing since the repos are usually in way better condition than the authentic copies
EDIT Another easy way to tell if a Pokemon GBA game is fake or not is to see if it is compatible with Pal Park from all the Gen 4 games

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you ever get your hands on a repo and have an authentic copy of any Pokemon game for GBA then I'd shell swap the cartridge housing since the repos are usually in way better condition than the authentic copies
EDIT Another easy way to tell if a Pokemon GBA game is fake or not is to see if it is compatible with Pal Park from all the Gen 4 games
Colosseum, XD, and Box are also good tells if you don't have a Gen IV game handy.

Reactions: DuoForce

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: