Is this offer worth buying for me?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by endoverend, Oct 2, 2014.

1. endoverend
    OP

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    So I was looking around cragislist and found this listing:
    http://stlouis.craigslist.org/vgm/4691911682.html
    According to the guy and the picture, it comes with:
    Wii U System -Black, 32GB
    Wii U Game Pad Controller
    Wii Motion Plus Controller
    Nintendo Pro Controller
    Second Pro Controller - Third Party
    Mario Kart 8
    Mario 3D World
    Nintendo Land
    Two Racing Wheels

For $325.
    Now I don't know if a wii u is worth buying. I have around 400$ to spend right now from working in the summer, and this won't leave me with much. And I plan to buy the Smash Bros. + GC adapter bundle for $100, so basically this will be everything I worked for over the summer.

Any opinions are welcome.

2. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
  3. endoverend
    OP

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    It's not new, it's refurbished, and therefore not eligible for Club Nintendo just like this one is.
    Also, the bundle comes with 2 Wii U Pro controllers (60$), a Wiimote Plus (30$), and 2 wheels (30$).

4. chairsgotoschool

chairsgotoschool Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2014
    United States
    the nintendo refurbish does include a warranty though. you don't even know how good that wiiu was treated, refurbished pass the same test that a new console goes through.

I'd keep looking though. I just bought a basic for $150 on ebay, I see little reason to get the deluxe edition. but I did also see a deluxe that came with 6 games go for $300

5. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    It seems like a good deal you're getting perhaps more than you're gonna use (the GamePad's probably what you'll use most of the time) but be careful with sellers from Craiglist.

6. endoverend
    OP

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    This guy seems really nice. He lives pretty far out from me and he said he would be happy to meet me somewhere at any time.
    Maybe the deluxe isn't worth it, since I mostly stick to retail games. Also the "6 games" you mentioned were probably like 4 wii games and 2 wii u games.

7. vayanui8

vayanui8 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    Seems like a pretty solid deal, but you may be able to get a better price on something comparable

8. chairsgotoschool

chairsgotoschool Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2014
    United States

it was 5 wii u games, not 6. donkey kong, luigi u, nintendo land, and sonic racing plus some party game I've never heard of. but now looking at ebay I think someone got lucky, I'm not really seeing deals much better than the one you found. if you're patient I'm sure you could though. I waited till I found a good deal and I did in my mind at least.