mike1984

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just got my R4 last week. I love it so far, but some times (it's happened twice since I got it) it will freeze up at random times on games. It happened yesterday with THPG when I was going from menu to menu and it happened last week with Sonic Rush. I restart my DS and it doesn't even detect the R4. I have to restart it 2 times to get it back up again. Is this something normal?

I'm using the newest version of the firmware btw.

arsehat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just got my R4 last week. I love it so far, but some times (it's happened twice since I got it) it will freeze up at random times on games. It happened yesterday with THPG when I was going from menu to menu and it happened last week with Sonic Rush. I restart my DS and it doesn't even detect the R4. I have to restart it 2 times to get it back up again. Is this something normal?

I'm using the newest version of the firmware btw.

The fact that it's not even seeing the R4 is the giveaway.

Not a firmware issue, or a formatting issue... it'll be a contact issue between the R4 and the contacts in the slot, unless there's some weird intermittent fault in the R4.

You might like to try slipping a thick piece of paper or a thin piece of card in between the label side of the R4 and the slot - the instructions/warranty from the Kingston TF cards is ideal for this purpose, one or two layers if you do it externally, a single layer if you place the paper inside the cartridge itself. Packing it out internally is a more permanent solution, and I've done it for a few friends with older or more heavily worn DSs - trace around the board with a craft knife, cut off the top half-inch or so from the TF end of the board, punch a hole in the appropriate place, five minutes work all up including cartridge disassembly and reassembly. I've seen one DS that wouldn't recognise the cart AT ALL until the cart was packed out this way. This takes the contacts on the cart a fraction of a millimetre closer to the contacts in the slot.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Happens to me all the time I just pop it out then in no worries bout it imo
Only thing is thatll wear the NDS spring out but who cares ill buy a new one when it comes to that
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1