Is this normal for the WiiKey

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by alucard77, Mar 20, 2007.

Mar 20, 2007

Is this normal for the WiiKey by alucard77 at 9:19 PM (1,528 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. alucard77
    OP

Member alucard77 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hi All,

Just installed the WiiKey last night, and I am playing around with it today. I was just curious if this is normal.

If I am playing a game, and decide to exit out of a game and go into another game, the second game I go into will not load. I have to reset the Wii, and then that game will work perfectly fine the next time around.

So let me clarify. I play a game. Exit the game, and go to the Wii menu. I eject the game. I put in another game. I click on the game and begin to start it. The game does not load. I reset the Wii. I click on the game again, and the game works.

So just curious if this happens to everyone.

Thanks, this site is great.

2. Hogmeister

Member Hogmeister GBAtemp Regular

United States
    sometimes its like that for me, i can't complain though, all things considered.

sometimes it works liek normal where i could jsut eject one and put another in. i still haven't figured out what the reasoning is but oh well

3. Edster

Member Edster GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've never had this problem. I exit to menu and insert another game and it plays fine. Did it many times. Probably just jinxed myself but up to now, never seen this problem.

4. alucard77
    OP

Member alucard77 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yeah mine happens every time. It can't be the media, because the media plays fine. Well, hopefully someone else posts. Maybe there is a known reason.

5. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    It happened to me a couple times, rarely though. And when it does happen it's a DRE screen telling me to reject the disc and to reset the wii. But it's happened to me out of all the games I tried consequtively maybe less than 5 times.

6. avatarx

Newcomer avatarx Advanced Member

United States
    It never happened to me. I don't think it's normal.

7. mustnap

Member mustnap GBAtemp Regular

United States
    that has never happened to me either.. or maybe i'm not playing my Wii enough (busy with other stuff).

8. Hogmeister

Member Hogmeister GBAtemp Regular

United States
    well if its anything to anybody, i just reformatted the wii's system memory (i was one of the smart ones that just wen willy nilly removing the battery without disabling wiiconnect24 before hand) and i havent experienced the problem of needing to reset the wii before inserting the next game. workin like normal everytime since then.

givei t a shot, just make sure to backup your saves beforehand

9. Bunkey

Newcomer Bunkey Newbie

New Zealand
    this is just like my PAL wii + wiikey.
    reset doesnt work for me, i had to turn off power and on again to load another disc. any solution yet???

10. Toxicwind

Newcomer Toxicwind Member

United States
    I had this problem the first few times, and reformatted my Wii and it fixed its self... [​IMG] Try that.